Why Not Arugula as a Staple Green?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I noticed on the Beautiful Dragons Nutrition site that arugula is listed as a "feed occasionally" green. I'm curious as to why it isn't a staple green, like collards and dandelion greens. Does anyone know?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I feel the list can be improved upon, but it is a good tool for people who want an easy guide, and it's a good starting point for people who want to do more research and get more in depth with their choices.

Arugula has a decent Ca:p ratio
And the only comment the chart makes is that it has high vit A at 26 iu/g when collard greens come in at 66 IU/g FWIW.
It's oxalate content falls into range with most other leafy greens. So no real issue there.

I'd say try them out. See if Figment likes them. In my brief research, they seem a fine item to add to the salad rotation.

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks, Brandon! Figment seems to like baby arugula, and it’s easier to keep fresh than collards and dandelion greens because my husband will eat it, too, so it doesn’t wilt before we can use it up. So it’s a staple for us now, though this week we’re feeding dandelion greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom