food thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone just gto back from vet with bowser he is strong and healthy only probley is he is under weigth they want him to be 200 grams at 7 months and hes only 134 grams. so the question is is he to young to start feeding him super worms or is he fine to start on thoes cause right now i am only giving him crickets greens and veggies and sometimes meal worms as a snack please help me figure this out thank you.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I probably wouldn't worry so much about getting him to a specific weight if he is otherwise healthy. They grow at different rates so he may just have a growth spurt coming later on. If he is active and is eating what he wants then it sounds like you're offering a good variety. Just let him eat as much as he wants at each meal and definitely let him have as much salad as he wants to eat.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

I completely agree with cooper. The goal is healthy dragons, not weight milestones.

To answer your question though, you can feed him supers if you want. I like to use them as part of a varied diet. The more variety the better imo. Even my young babies get superworms, but they are appropriately sized supers. You can pick the sizes you want typically if you order online.

Other great options to ADD to your feeding rotation would be silkworms, butterworms, hornworms, BSFL, and dubia roaches.

Typically my crew will get at least 4 or 5 different feeder insects throughout the week. If you can do at least 3 you're doing well IMO :)

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Probably not if he can chew them up easily. I'd still limit them to a snack to add some variety to his diet.

Krissi1990

Original Poster
thank you guys so much for the answers i tried dubia roaches he doesnt seem that much into them at the time he loves meals worms when i give them as a snack and he eats mainly crickets but im ganna start getting him more stuff so he has a vority like you guys are saying probley get all them besides dubia so he can have a stable diet right now his diet is good but he has no options i give him grens veggies and crickets daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom