beardie not eating after brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
So my bearded dragon hasn't eaten for 9 days so far
This is after brumation, she's running around like crazy and constantly basking.
She did eat when she first woke up
She basically went poop and now she's on hunger strike. is this normal behavior to not eat right after brumation?
She also completely emptied her tummy(even though there was hardly anything in there)
Her fat pads look healthy so I'm thinking this is normal beardie behavior
If anyone can let me know thanks.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's what I saw with my dragon as well. He ran around like a crazy man and didn't eat a whole lot. Took some water when I offered drops on his nose. I think he just had higher priorities for a while. Some weight loss seems OK from what I've seen and the appetite should eventually pick back up so keep offering food on a regular schedule.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Okay.
Yeah I figured it was nothing unusual
just got a little worried that's all.
I figure her appetite should pick up when she's all burnt out
She's losing a bit of weight but I guess that's normal for how active she is
Ok, I offer food daily.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My dragon lost about 80g over the course of a month and a half after brumation (down to around 503g) but has been gaining it back slowly. He stayed quite healthy and alert and it was just a combination of exercise and lack of appetite. His fat pads remained nice and full. I would look for similar (or possibly less drastic) changes. I'm not sure how common my experience is - just what I observed this time around.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Okay sure.
Yeah my bearded dragon might lose some weight but she needs to, she's pretty big.
I don't see her fat pads being depleted anytime soon.
Good to hear, this is considered normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom