Feeding help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiiiiiann

Hi I just got a 2 year old bearded dragon (today). I kinda know the basics but the whole food thing is a little confusing to me. Can somebody suggest foods and how often they should be fed

PodunkKhaleesi

Hatchling Member
Hi there. Since you’re working with an adult you’ll want her diet to be heavy on greens and veggies and lighter on protein (80% greens and 20% protein at this stage). Dubia roaches, BSFL, silkworms, hornworms, and gutloaded crickets are fed to my adults regularly, while their salads consist of beardie friendly greens like collard greens, dandelion greens, endive, mustard, and turnip greens. I usually have 2-3 different greens in their daily salad as well as a good staple veggie like butternut squash. My dragons have salad available at all times during the day. I’ve included a link below to a food chart beloved by members of this site. It not only lists the nutrition content for the items, but how often they should be fed (daily, occasionally, etc.). I give my guys a fruit treat once a week, as fruit shouldn’t be given on a daily basis. But take a look at the chart and hopefully you’ll find it useful when it comes to designing a nutritious daily salad.
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom