Gaminkiera

HI MY NAME IS RYAN WE HAVE HAD TWO BEARDED
DRAGONS FOR SEVEN DAYS NOW. THEY ARE ABOUT
SEVEN TO EIGHT INCHES LONG. THEY ARE IN A 40 GALLON
TANK ONE SIDE OF TANK AIR TEMP STAYS AT 80 DEGREES
DURING THE DAY AND DOWN TO 70 DEGREES AT NIGHT
OTHER SIDE OF TANK FOR BASKING STAYS BETWEEN 97 AND
102 DEGREES. ALSO WE HAVE A HEATED ROCK. THEY GET
BATHED ONCE A DAY. THE FIRST DAY THEY ATE FIVE CRICKETS EACH AND A COUPLE MEAL WORMS. NOW THEY
ARE EATING ABOUT FOUR CRICKETS EACH PER DAY AND A
LITTLE BIT OF FRUIT AND VEGETABLES. WE KEEP FRUIT AND
VEGETABLES IN FRONT OF THEM ALWAYS. CONCERN IS THEY ARE NOT EATING ENOUGH. AND WE WERE WONDERING IF THE SPECIES OF DRAGON HAS TOO DO WITH EATING HABITS. I DO NOT THINK THAT WE GIT THE GERMAN GIANT BECAUSE I GOT THEM AT THE LOCAL PET STORE. HELP. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE A GREAT HELP. THANKS VERY MUCH.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You got a helpful reply in your other thread but I'll chime in here as well. They tend to be stressed out by moves so I'd give them a week or so to settle in and get used to their new home. They also don't really play well together so I suggest building separate habitats for each of them. This way, they won't be competing for resources such as food and basking spots. This usually ends with one dragon dominating the other which can lead to one not thriving and can also lead to them fighting and causing severe harm. It's OK to keep two of them, but they need their own spaces. I suggest building a permanent home for them that is sufficient size for an adult so you only need to upgrade once. This is a popular enclosure plan so I'd start with this and put something similar together for each of them if you can https://beardies.dreamwidth.org/2145.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom