Mangos ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie1434

Juvie Member
I was given some fresh mangos yesterday and about lost a finger tip when Gabby decided she wanted my mango. She reared back and snatched it out of my finger tips. I know it should be an accasional food, but is once a week ok? Marlboro and Garfield really love it too and Wabbit even licked a piece. Also is there an age limit, ie how old does the dragon have to be to eat it?

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
I think once per week translates to "occasional." :) And I believe so long as the pieces are small and soft enough for your younger dragons, there would be no need for an age limit.

That said, I'll have to pick up some Mango at the store this week. See what Cloudy thinks. She is terribly picky about fruit! Maybe we'll put a weekly mango treat on her menu as well! :mrgreen:

The best,
Em

beardie1434

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So far this is the only fruit my Gabby will eat. Marlboro also loves bananas, if my son doesn't eat them all first, lol.

SJM

Hatchling Member
Mangoes are low in nutritional value and have more sugar than a beardie should eat all the time, but there's really nothing awful about them. Mangoes should be fine as an occasional treat so long as the pieces are small enough and ripe enough (so that they are soft) and I would avoid letting them eat any of the skin or areas that have along of that stringy stuff you can sometimes find in mango. If your beardies love them, they're free to gobble up some mango occasionally. :mrgreen:

beardie1434

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you for your replies. I had peeled it as I don't like the skin and it was not stringy so I guess all is well.

MAJ

Hatchling Member
Mine loves mango as well, and gets some every week or two.
If she is acting fussy about eating her greens, I will rub many of her greens with the juice from a piece of mango in order to try and trick her into eating the healthy stuff. It usually works for a while. The juice from prickly pears also works.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
MAJ":300ef said:
If she is acting fussy about eating her greens, I will rub many of her greens with the juice from a piece of mango in order to try and trick her into eating the healthy stuff. It usually works for a while. The juice from prickly pears also works.

Oh, that's good. I'm definitely going to try this! :D

Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom