Beardie won't eat very much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

19nick93

Hatchling Member
Okay so Iv'e read articles where people's Beardies will eat up to 50-100+ crickets/dubias per day. I am lucky if I can get mine to eat 20 per day. Why is this? How can I get my Beardie to eat more? I got her on the 15th of February so I'm still new to owning these Lizards. Here's my tank set up

20 Gallon Tank
Repticarpet
Basking temps = 105-108 degrees F.
Cool side = 82 degrees F.
100w basking bulb, 18" Reptisun 10.0 tube fixture, 7.5 inches away from her.

I'm not feeding her any food items that are bigger than the space in her eyes, I know she's not impacted because she poo's regularly and is very active. May be important to note that her stress marks started to dissapear the other day but ended up coming back. So my main conclusion at the moment is that something is stressing her and causing her to eat less.. Could it be her reflection? Could it be me rearranging her tank everyday? Lol I'm at a crossroads on this one. Thanks everyone.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your setup sounds good and it's a good sign that she is active and pooping regularly. I wouldn't worry about the stress lines too much because they are common in young dragons. They all grow and eat at different paces. If you're offering her all she wants a couple of times per day, then that's good. Just let her eat what she wants and she'll dictate what is needed. The amounts will fluctuate as she grows and hits spurts. If she has a good amount of energy and curiosity, that's an indicator of good health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom