shinglebacks- my beardies new neighbours

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby

Extreme Poster
my beardies got some new neighbours....
to tell the truth, they should never be kept with beardies. Faa, my female was bitten several times, had broken and deformed ribs due to the experience, and REALLY doesn't like seeing them..

NEW PICS !!!! ahhh..... "going for a walk in the garden"

DSCF0815.jpg

DSCF0816-1.jpg

getting some sun in the Mesh Viv.
DSCF0817.jpg

we found something!!!

a nice spot to chill out, catch some Z's in the sun..
DSCF0840.jpg

DSCF0843.jpg

some yummy things to eat. (soft leaved cactus)
DSCF0836.jpg

camoflague a little.
DSCF0835.jpg

keep a look out :)
DSCF0822.jpg

and make a cunning escape!!
DSCF0844.jpg

the older pics....

just saying hello..
Photo105.jpg

Photo114.jpg

a close up, while the other two run for the hills... (very slowely ;) )
Photo119.jpg

Photo120.jpg

Photo121.jpg

Photo122.jpg

Photo124.jpg

Photo125.jpg

Photo126.jpg

having a drink, it took me SO many photo's to finally catch her tongue.
Photo137.jpg

Photo93.jpg

Photo94.jpg

for the temp gun runners, and the thermoregulation dorks..
Photo97.jpg

hope you like them.

P.s. they cost me $125 ea. and they would cost all of you in the US $2,000 to 5,000 ea.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
They are so funny looking! Not in a bad way of course! They look so smooth.
So they can all live together? That is so cool. What are their names??? haha.

Kelsey

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
As a Nothern BTS owner I am veerrrryyyyyy jealous. How dare you taunt us Americans with how cheap shinglebacks are over there! They are gorgeous...good luck with them. How old are they? Plan on breeding?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Paul,

Those shinglebacks are georgeous. So you get to see them quite often huh?

Tracie

kirby

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Rosebud":6af3e said:
I LOVE those sturdy little puppy legs! They are so cute! :D

they might as well loose them, they are SO slow...

Drache613":6af3e said:
Hello Paul,

Those shinglebacks are georgeous. So you get to see them quite often huh?

Tracie
not in my area, but I've heard of people going for a 10 minuet walk and finding 15. LOL
BaskingBaby":6af3e said:
As a Nothern BTS owner I am veerrrryyyyyy jealous. How dare you taunt us Americans with how cheap shinglebacks are over there! They are gorgeous...good luck with them. How old are they? Plan on breeding?

they are 5 years, and hopefully the two female will produce two live young each around february. i SURELY hope they do breed... although the little babies are well over half the size of their parents. imagine pushing out a baby that stands up to your belly button.. ouch.

burt1016":6af3e said:
wow what r they?
they are Eastern Shingleback skinks, a species of Blue tongue lizard.

atreyu917":6af3e said:
They are so funny looking! Not in a bad way of course! They look so smooth.
So they can all live together? That is so cool. What are their names??? haha.

Kelsey

they look and act hilariously, they are dopey, sleepy slugs that mope around in slow motion. they feel like tough thick armor on the top, and smoother then any snake i have felt on the bottom.
they live together fine, they don't mind the company, infact i don't think they really notice. they stay in pairs for 6 months of the year in the wild, and find each other again the next year. no names as of yet.

Jasper's Mom":6af3e said:
They are adorable! Are they a type of skink?
Shingleback skink, a species of Australian Blue tongue.

kirby

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Rosebud":d9dc4 said:
Okay, so how are we gonna smuggle MY baby through customs! :lol:

do you have $5,000 on hand? lol..

if i could i would, and you'd be the first!

untill then, i will just have to gloat.

RedInkAus

Hatchling Member
kirby":a027b said:
Rosebud":a027b said:
Okay, so how are we gonna smuggle MY baby through customs! :lol:

do you have $5,000 on hand? lol..

if i could i would, and you'd be the first!

untill then, i will just have to gloat.

Nice stumpies mate,

Good luck with the breeding I heard their quite hard to breed in captivity. They should see all our other skinks i reckon they'd flip out. For the Americans reading try googling images of Egernia Depressa (pygmy spiny tailed skink) and Egernia Stokesii (gidgee or stokes skink). Always been interested in keeping stumpies I just never get around to getting them.

Rosebud

Gray-bearded Member
You're selling us short, mate. :lol: I've been drooling over a colony of gidgees for months, but I'd have to sell my house to get them! :lol: So when you successfully breed them and they pop out MY baby, Kirby Darlin, throw a couple of gidgees in the box with it, seal it up and write "gift" on the box. :wink:

Yall's back yards are so much cooler than mine! :evil:

RedInkAus

Hatchling Member
Rosebud":a0559 said:
You're selling us short, mate. :lol: I've been drooling over a colony of gidgees for months, but I'd have to sell my house to get them! :lol: So when you successfully breed them and they pop out MY baby, Kirby Darlin, throw a couple of gidgees in the box with it, seal it up and write "gift" on the box. :wink:

Yall's back yards are so much cooler than mine! :evil:

OMG are they really that much over there LOL. I had a couple of Gidgees a while back which i just gave to my partners nephew as a gift cause he was fascinated by them. I think he still as them as well. The coolest thing about Gidgee's is the fact that they know to go to the toilet in the same spot all the time, makes cleaning easier. They were a joy to own they had such a fierce prey response (not so good to handle though).

On the plus side on your side of the world you guys can import herps, us Aussies can't. I would love a blue headed agama or a chameleon.

Sorry for the hi-jack Kirby :D

Rosebud

Gray-bearded Member
On the plus side on your side of the world you guys can import herps, us Aussies can't. I would love a blue headed agama or a chameleon.

Yes, Darlin, but we can't get AUSTRALIAN imports, and everybody knows that yall have some of the coolest critters on the planet, and I did say SOME. Kirby has been drooling over my Desert Iguanas, Chuckwallas, and collareds and we can have green, black, and spiny tail iguanas! :mrgreen: The only gidgees we can get at around $1200 EACH are rare and those will start becoming a closed gene pool like beardies. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom