Salmonella, need reassurance?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Salmonella, need reassurance?

Postby poisonouspanic » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:48 pm

[url][/url]

Is anyone else terrified of getting salmonella from their beardie?? (I have bad health anxiety) I don't know how rare it is, but I tried to look it up and all of the articles are seriously scary.

I just cleaned up my beardie's waste (using gloves) but the chalky white part was stuck on his rock, so I used water to get it off/loosen it up, and the smell came at me hard. Im terrified I'm gonna get sick now because I might have inhaled some salmonella particles or something. 😬 Can someone give me some reassurance of this happening to them and it turning out fine, or just some general reassurance I'm hopefully gonna be okay??
poisonouspanic
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Salmonella, need reassurance?

Postby AHBD » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi there, don't worry about inhaling particles. If that were possible all b.d owners would have become sick many times over. I've raised loads of beardies when I was breeding them, I've cleaned 10's of 1,000's of messes and I do nothing more than wash my hands afterwards. Just use common sense, don't let beardie crawl on eating surfaces oor directly on your pillow [ even that would pose only a very small risk ] and you will be fine.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Claudiusx » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:03 pm

Agreed with AHBD. :)

I've had dragons for over 20 years and haven't got sick with it. And if I have, it's been so mild I didnt even know. Many salmonella cases go undiagnosed because the symptoms dont always warrant getting checked for it in the first place.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby saraho » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Charlie is my education animal at the library. I always encourage kids to pet him gently and I always have hand sanitizer available for them afterwards. Personally I think if I'm going to catch a disease, it will be from the roaches I raise to feed him.
“Let me tell you: the only way to get rid of dragons is to have one of your own.”
― Evgeny Shvarts,
saraho
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion