Baby Steve keeps jumping out of my hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

yadawg

Hi everyone, I'm new here and new to bearded dragon ownership. I've done hours of research at this point on enclosure, food, etc. and think I have a good setup.

I adopted Steve last week, and at this point he/she is 5 weeks old. Seems comfortable in its enclosure but I've been trying to get it used to being held. Every time I hold him, he seems fine for a bit, then just decides "oh hail Mary!" and jumps out of my hand. Luckily I've put blankets under me so the landing is quite soft. Is this just him being a little baby and curious? Will he grow out of it? Should I keep holding him every day? No signs of stress, just curiosity.

Any opinions/help would be appreciated - I have heard they can mellow out as they age? Also, I'm mega-curious as to what color Steve will be when he/she's an adult. Thanks!

full

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Babies have no concept of falling = possible death, so jumping is pretty normal, just don’t let them fall too far. I’d probably lie on your stomach or back on the floor with them in case they jump. Keep holding them! They will get used to you this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom