Vacation For 3 1/2 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

So my beardie is 2 1/2 months old, he's healthy, eats well, and is a very good boy.
I have to be out of town for 3 1/2 days, and I can't get someone to watch him, so I am really worried.
I have a timer on his lights, and I would give him a big salad, and a bunch of dried food to leave out, and some water, but I am just afraid that the food won't be enough, he'll be hungry, and he'll have to sit in a cage with poop for 3 1/2 days.
My other option is to bring him with me, but I would have to put him in this small tank I have, and he would be alone, at my parent's house, for two out of the 3 days.
I am worried that if I choose to bring him with me, the move, and the new environment for those 3 days will stress him out, and confuse him, and I don't want to have to start the whole "leave him alone for a few days and let him get used to the environment" process again. But on the other hand, for Thanksgiving, and winter break, I will have to bring him home with me anyways, in that same environment.

Ugh please help! I need some advice from an experienced beardie owner on this, who has been through this type of situation before. I just want to do what's best for him and his health.

Thank you! :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

While not ideal, sometimes life gets in the way. My whole crew just went 3 days without food because of a family emergency, and guess what, they are all fine and none the worse for wear :)

You have the added benefit of being able to at least leave a large salad and some extra food in the tanks, so that's great! Your baby will be just fine without you for a few days. It definitely isn't uncommon for them to go days without food in the wild. If they didn't have the capability to do that, we likely wouldn't have any dragons to this day. :)

-Brandon

katieeee9865

Original Poster
claudiusx":25vx1hud said:
Hi there,

While not ideal, sometimes life gets in the way. My whole crew just went 3 days without food because of a family emergency, and guess what, they are all fine and none the worse for wear :)

You have the added benefit of being able to at least leave a large salad and some extra food in the tanks, so that's great! Your baby will be just fine without you for a few days. It definitely isn't uncommon for them to go days without food in the wild. If they didn't have the capability to do that, we likely wouldn't have any dragons to this day. :)

-Brandon
That's extremely true! Thank you so very much! :) I just thought it might do more harm than good to move him around so often, especially in only the first few months of his life. When I do have to bring him home, for Thanksgiving and over Christmas, do you think it would be better for me to bring his whole enclosure, or just stick to the small one that is at my parent's place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom