German Roach Infestation

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousity

I'm struggling to fight a German roach infestation. I live very close to a business and every other summer it seems like I'm battling roaches. Especially after they bomb their place for bugs. I typically use advion gel, boric acid and those hormone growth regulators. The last time we really had a problem was in 2016. But now we have a bearded dragon (belongs to my sibling) and I couldn't use my usual methods for control / prevention because I wasn't sure what could be used around the bearded dragon. Fast forward a couple of weeks and now the problem is worse (of course) and I'm still not sure what's safe. It's a challenge to do any research because if you type roach and bearded dragon you typically get food results or people asking if they can use lizards as a form of roach control. I just want to know what's safe. I assume that boric acid (away from his tank) is okay, but what about advion roach gel? I'm not worried about him getting into poison. I'm worried about a poisoned roach getting into his tank and making him sick if he eats it. No one will take him temporarily so I'm lost. Obviously I want him no harm but I can't live with roaches crawling all over my kitchen either.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's going to be difficult because you are never going to get rid of the source of them. I've been in areas where there were infestations like that and they are god awful hard to get rid of. Honestly, if the business bug bombed that might be your best bet too. Just keep your dragon and tank out for a day or two. They are hard buggers to deal with.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom