Newly Rehomed Beardie Has Tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmarie

I recently became the proud owner (or food slave) of a beautiful beardie named Draco. He is 4 years old and has quickly become the love of my life. As soon as I held him I knew he had tail rot, I currently have a vet appointment for Tuesday, but I am trying to prepare myself for the worst. So... Could anyone tell me if we think this tail rot can be remedied without removal of my son's tail? Or will I have to prepare myself for him to lose his tail or to prepare myself to possibly lose him? I can get better pictures in the morning but the Prince is sleeping.

I should note that he is super active and curious as well as a fantastic eater. I got him on Wednesday and he has pooped every day since honestly if he didn't have his funky nub or the darkness on the tip of his tail I would think he is a perfectly healthy and happy boy.
104102-7529188799.jpg
104102-8541711727.jpg
104102-4018255076.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Doesn't look like tail rot in the pictures provided. It looks like he has some damage to the tip of the tail though which will usually fall off on it's own. The darkness that goes up the tail (from the tip) and, gets lighter is perfectly normal. If possible, get some pics of the tip close up to get a better view of what's going on. It is possible no vet will be needed.
Keep a close eye on it and, when the tip does fall off dab a little raw honey on it to promote healing and, prevent infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom