Is my juvenile beardie happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just got my juvie beardie (balarion a.k.a larry) a new terrarium went from just a 20 gallon fish tank to an actual 40 gallon exo terra (low large) terrarium I just got it and switched everything over on Thursday. It's the following Tuesday now. He seems fine for the most part but I feel as if he is running away from me more now when I go to hold him, I'm just wondering if maybe he just needs time to get used to his new home? I just don't want him to be stressed out and I want him to be calmer with me again, I know he is still young. (I've only had him for a month and a bit and he is only 3 months old) and he will calm.down with age, and he is still eating fine and all, I will attach pictures of him and a video if someone can explain how sorry I've never used forums before!! hopefully you guys will have some advice for me :) thank You!!

Blareionthedread

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3fowu0gn said:
They don't like change …. and he's noticed ….

Give him a few more days …. he'll be fine.

Thank you for the advice!! I'm just hoping he will like this viv better, he has more room as the other one would have eventually been too small anyways.

It sounds like you have one happy beardie :) I'm sure he just wants another couple of days to run around his sweet new digs 8)

Blareionthedread":1psjz6uh said:
I will attach pictures of him and a video if someone can explain how sorry I've never used forums before!! hopefully you guys will have some advice for me :) thank You!!
I'm going to steal this info from another thread for you because it helped me!

Reptilelady":1psjz6uh said:
Hi,
To post a photo click here: https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
Then click on "new upload" then choose the file you want to upload.
After that has been done, go to the forum and click on "XIMG" which will pop up and allow you to choose the photo you want to share :)

Can't wait to see pics! :)

Blareionthedread

Original Poster
This is his old home
101620-2099758475.jpg

and this is his new one

101620-3275417858.jpg

And this is just a picture of larry :) he is just going through another shed now too so that's another reason he has been like this I think. Gave him a warm bath this morning and he seems happier already
101620-3311747359.jpg
Thank you for your help!!! :)

Blareionthedread

Original Poster
I also plan on getting him more lights on pay day just so you guys don't think I think that's enough lighting for this bigger tank!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom