UVB lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinoshaw

Hi I’ve had bearded dragon for over a year now and always used exo terra 10.0 and 2.0 but have recently seen people have only been using one and as he is getting a new Vivarium soon I thought it Would he a good time to ask does he really need both or just the one thanks in advance

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
How tall will the new viv be ?

How far will the basking spot be from the tube ?

Will you be mounting under the lid ( excellent ) or on ontop a mesh lid ( not good ).

T5HO or T8 ?

In a reflector hood , or just a bare tube ?

See this for how to set up for a good beardie tank : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=235611

I'd recommend a T5HO in a reflector hood , rated at least 10%UVB for a tank 18" tall , taller you will need a T5HO rated 14%UVB in a reflector hood ( only Arcadia Reptile have good quality T8 and T5ho tubes rated 12%UVB and 14%UVB.
If you are buying a new fixture (reflector hood) consider buying an Arcadia Slimline Kit (they come with an Arcadia tube (your choice) in the kit ready to be turned on.

Dinoshaw

Original Poster
Hi thank you for your reply and I apologise but I’m dyslexic and found it very difficult to understand so was just wondering if you could dumb it down a bit like will I need one or two uvb light it’s not very tall so would he be ok with one 10.0 uvb or need two 10.0/2.0

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
One 10.0 UVB light is fine as long as it is at the right distance.

How far are you setting the light above the basking spot in the new tank?

A T8 10.0 UVB should be 6-8 inches above the basking area

A T5 10.0 UVB should be 10-14 inches above the basking area (these are best)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom