Motorbike Beardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechrior

I know this is going to sound like a strange question but does anyone know of a good way to transport a bearded dragon on a motorbike?

I DO NOT drive a car (never learned and a disability prevents me from trying), and the public transport in my area is WAY too unpredictable to be any good.

I am thinking of some sort of heat source in a carrier tied down between the pannier bags on the rear seat of my bike, or something attached to the tank bag I have for the front. I would prefer something with the tank bag as then my beardy would be in sight all the time if needed.

Thanks for any help or ideas people already tried and worked!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't use a motorbike but I use one of these carriers in my car https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EW2WKZU/ It can be secured to a seatbelt and is enclosed with good ventilation. It has straps with clips that might be secured to a motorbike. A motorbike ride might be scary to a dragon though so I would certainly do some small test runs first and keep the transport to a minimum if possible.

Mechrior

Original Poster
He sits out in the sun on my fuel tank bag when im working on the bike itslef so the noise/vibration of the bike sitting still is ok.

When I find something to go on the bike I will try some short test runs along my road and the quiet back streets. I will be able to see him almost at any time as I will be having a wifi camera in with him connected to my phone which is on the tank bag.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Sorry .... NO! VERY BAD IDEA .EXTREMELY RiSKY.

All too easy for a person to come a moving bike and do themselves horrible injuries when they hit the gravel or the paving or something hard and immoveable, or are hit by a car at speed going in any direction. Simply doesn't bare thinking about what can happen to bearded dragon who slips off, is thrown off a moving motor bike.

Hell, it's a bearded dragon , NOT A DOG !!! It wont even enjoy the experience .... think blind terror !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom