Nails during brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Hi guys. Wasn't sure where to post this so please feel free to let me know if it should be elsewhere.

Gretchen has bee. Brumating going on 2 months now. I took her out today for a bath and drink of water and noticed her nails have gotten a bit long. I will try tomorrow to get her out again and cut them if she lets me (tried tonight and she was NOT having it).

Anyone have issues with not being able to trim nails while in brumation? I don't want them to get too long but she's also not very cooperative when I wake her up.

Thank you!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If they aren't long enough to be problematic I'd probably leave them alone until she is more cooperative. Even then I've had better luck just trying a few at a time because they start to get squirmy. Instead of full on clipping if she isn't having that you could try just a sand down with an emery board but that might have to wait until she is in a more cooperative mood as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom