Strange colour around mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
92521-1570841172.jpg

So I thought my little one was just shedding for the first time in ages as her legs and mouth have gone grey but today there's an odd blueish colour around her mouth has anyone seem this before? She seems ok just not seen this before. ..

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
It looks like the kind of callous they typically get right on that spot when they rub their chin/face on the glass of the tank a lot, or they rub it on something else. They also get this sometimes after they've had some retained shed or stuck shed in the area. Is it just a difference in coloration, or does it look like the actual skin is a bit thicker too?

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
EllenD":3btor6xa said:
It looks like the kind of callous they typically get right on that spot when they rub their chin/face on the glass of the tank a lot, or they rub it on something else. They also get this sometimes after they've had some retained shed or stuck shed in the area. Is it just a difference in coloration, or does it look like the actual skin is a bit thicker too?

Thanks Ellen whatever it was its gone. Just normal grey shed colour now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom