Potty Training an irregular pooper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camhabit

Hello everyone! I recently got a bearded dragon named Baby (about 2-3 weeks ago) she is around 2 years old. She is amazing other than the fact she poops everywhere... I've been looking up how to potty train them, but I have her out the cage so much I cannot do the one with paper towels/tiny litter box. And also, she is so inconsistent with poop times it's crazy! She just went on my bed and before that she went like 4 hours ago....and for he past week or so it's never even close to the same time as another although I feed her at the same time everyday....

Help?? I'm getting tired of washing everything lol!
Thanks.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Usually if you bathe them every other day or so they'll go in there. You cant exactly get them to be potty trained entirely. My adult bearded dragon venus entirely refuses to go inside her tank so i have to bathe her every day so she will actually go to the bathroom.

Camhabit

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":36bc5rfo said:
Usually if you bathe them every other day or so they'll go in there. You cant exactly get them to be potty trained entirely. My adult bearded dragon venus entirely refuses to go inside her tank so i have to bathe her every day so she will actually go to the bathroom.

This is the 4th time she has went today ... just popped her back into the tank bc she pooped on my memory foam pillow when I walked out of the room...its like she won't do it in front of me...its aggravating me bc I have to wash everything a million times...and I love having her out of the cage but I want her to at least be on a schedule..

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's quite frequent for an adult. Usually they will go once a day or less. What is her typical diet? Perhaps this is just how her system is but it could indicate something is off. Do you see her straining when she goes? Does the poop look well formed or is it messy/runny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom