Issues w/order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hello everyone,
I ordered from dubiaroaches.com since they had a good deal on roaches and BSFL i ordered on Monday this week and still no shipment- checked on order status says "Pre-shipment" phase. I have emailed and messaged through Facebook still no word from them. Is anyone else having issues with their orders with them or am i just being affected? :(

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I've never ordered from them, but I know some feeder sites only ship on specific days.
The fact they're not reaching back is mildly upsetting.

I'm pretty loyal to ABDragons dubia roaches. They often ship only on Monday and Tuesday.
If that site is at all like ABDragons, it is possible your order missed the shipment date while fulfilling the order and is waiting til the beginning of next week to ship

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh okay. It is upsetting and makes me iffy with them now. It sucks because they had really good prices and i shopped everywhere just about and the total came out cheaper from them. Dubias are not cheap like crickets and the way my beardie eats i figured it would work best but this whole shipping thing has got me upset. It even says 2-3 days delivery. Ordered on Monday should get it on Wednesday or Thursday or so. I even got a message from them stating:

Your order is on the way
Your order is on the way to you. Track your shipment on our website to see the delivery status. Your order will arrive in 2-3 business days.

I have also called them via phone and no response. Just only to leave a voicemail. So clearly something is up, either they are taking orders but they do not have feeders at the moment just waiting or something, could be out or taking a break. I dont know but i was hoping i would get them in timely manner as they mentioned "2-3 days" and now its concerning... Ahhh :roll:

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
It sounds like they will likely plop at your door without warning :lol:

The good thing about dubias is they are a lot more filling.
Crickets are a lot of chitin and not super meaty. Dubias have less chitin and more meat, so they eat maybe 35% fewer roaches vs crickets, plus the nutrition is more complete

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I hope they drop at the door soon. I have ordered a couple times from them and this is the first time they it feels been "ignored" which is very odd because i ordered more dubias and BSFL's so without communication hard to say what is going on. Just disappointing as i thought they were good and they are usually good at responding. So ill give them a few more days but if i don't receive it next week or any communication, somehow ill have to dispute the charge? Perhaps ill just have to get the dubias from ABDragons or some place that wont have any issues :?

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I hope it wouldn't come to disputing a charge but by all means if it does not arrive you are fully in the right to dispute.
I've never ordered from them personally but I can't imagine it would go that far.

ABDragons has awesome customer service.
I ordered 300 large and they all arrived on the edge of medium/large, smaller than I was expecting, so they mailed me large/xlarge at no charge, like $50 worth of roaches.
They are very responsive to their emails as well. I've never had to call

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I truly hope it doesn't come down to disputing the order.
This is their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DubiaRoaches/
Showing that their status is online but will not respond :? Yikes.
Also , they are posting stuff so i dont think they are closed :lol: More like ignorance :(

Worse case scenario i wont be ordering from them and would not recommend due to lack of communication. Even if they messaged me saying sorry for the delay... etc wouldn't mind so much but i dont know i dont think that shows good bushiness mannerism IMO.

Do you know good place to order BSFL from? I might have to purchase separately to get good deals again :lol: Normally would order everything from dubiaroaches.com but after whats happening i have to keep my options open at this point.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok thank you. Might have to try ordering and see how it goes :D Still disappointed with Dubiaroaches.com though :(

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah, some places are hit or miss, and I have no suggestions or excuses as to why they are not even responding. Just customer service, I suppose.
I wouldn't be too concerned about the order not arriving. As mentioned it will likely just show up within the next few days. Some shippers just don't care to stay accurate on orders.

Both ABDragons and SymtonBSF have been great suppliers

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I know right? Like a simple message "Sorry for the delay, anything" not even a "hello sorry for the wait" to each their own right? If it was my business i would be in contact with the customer 24/7 having peace of mind. Oh well.

In the meantime, hes having fun catching those crickets :lol: hes actually gotten really good at catching them. When i first got him he tried to go after and of course they would jump away from him. He would just give up so easily. Now he stalks them , sneaks up to them very slowly and then goes in for the kill. Least he will have fun trying to catch the crickets while his other feeders hopefully come in.

Btw, do you know when a good day to order for the feeders? Like which day of the week is best to order?

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I try and order on Mondays just because many shippers ship Mon/Tues to avoid being held at the post office on Sundays, live arrival guarantee and all :wink: However you did do that, so something tells me they shipped it and are just ignoring the customer service end of things.

What's fun to watch is allowing the BSFL to turn into flies and release the flies in the enclosure. My girl Simon was a fly-catching master. Jumping and catching them mid-air

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok so i was right about ordering on Mondays. I figured ordering early in on the week will make things easier. Im just wondering whenever i click on the tracking number link it says "pre-shipment" :/
HAHA thats funny, cant wait to see my beardie try to catch the flies too :lol: :D

Btw, how many do you order BSFL? They can last up to a month right?

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I've been ordering from www.symtonbsf.com for a long time, they're fantastic and I typically get my order in 2 days, sometimes the next day when I order Monday mornings. They always respond back quickly, and I know how frustrated you are, that does seem awfully odd, I'm sure they actually did run out of feeders or something and they are ignoring everyone...That's awful customer service!

I order 1,000 large (get the large BSFL, even for a baby, trust me, they are soft and the larges are like a large wax worm, the smalls are not worth it) for $23. If you keep them in a basement or garage that is cooler (my basement is 60 degrees, they can't be refrigerated) they will last a month. Always feed the darker colored ones first, because they are the ones that will change first, plus they contain the most Calcium. So I just go downstairs, scoop up the darker ones in the amount I need, then take them upstairs and feed them.

You can order 500 large from them too, I'd probably start with that and see how you do, as I have 2 beardies, so if you get 500 size large for your baby I'd say you'll be good for a month, I don't remember but I think they sell 300 as well. So no more than 500, maybe 300 depending on how much he eats. But you won't be disappointed with the company, they're wonderful!

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much for that info EllenD! :D
Interesting. So the BSFL cannot be refrigerated? On the other website dubiaroaches.com they say you can for up to a month. As it states here:

Live NutriGrubs For Sale
NutriGrubs (BSF Larvae) are one of the best staple feeders for bearded dragons, geckos, chameleons, and various other animals. Unlike crickets, super worms and mealworms, they contain the perfect amount of calcium so there is no need to dust. NutriGrubs can also be stored in a fridge (we recommend the door) for up to a month!

Phoenix Worms®, CalciWorms® and ReptiWorms™ are all brand names of the same species of Black Soldier Fly Larvae (BSF Larvae) known as Hermetia illucens.
https://dubiaroaches.com/collections/nutri-grubs-for-sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom