Any way to tell which colour my beardie will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I've had my beardie for a solid month now, and he's currently in shed. However, when I first got him, his colours were very vibrant. He was a golden-orange colour. He still is, but what I first noticed when I got him is his tail fades into grey, it's like a gradient. Now, his tail is becoming more grey ( he also has two grey spots on each side of his shoulders ) so I'm unsure if he's turning grey or the grey is just becoming more visible? Maybe it's a colour phase?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post some pis ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload to your post.

The dark colors on their " shoulder pads " [ epaulets ] is normal, most beardies have them in some shade of grey. Many beardies also have a tail that is darker or pale compared to their body.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
In addition to what was already said and requested, determining a final color can be very difficult.

I'll show some comparisons
Baby Richter
89300-3519202746.jpg
10mo old Richter
89300-3439106420.jpg

He lost a lot of his beautiful "oil spill" coloring and went a more melted sherbet color.

An additional comparison is the opposite direction.
A very dark baby going colorful
Baby Alucard
89300-339092631.jpg
5mo old Alucard
89300-9201646465.jpg

She was a dark brown baby who is now showing a lot of orange coming through.
The only real way to determine the color of your dragon is by the parents as it's hereditary

sunskittle

Original Poster
traildrifterphalanx":25gfl6b2 said:
In addition to what was already said and requested, determining a final color can be very difficult.

I'll show some comparisons
Baby Richter
89300-3519202746.jpg
10mo old Richter
89300-3439106420.jpg

He lost a lot of his beautiful "oil spill" coloring and went a more melted sherbet color.

An additional comparison is the opposite direction.
A very dark baby going colorful
Baby Alucard
89300-339092631.jpg
5mo old Alucard
89300-9201646465.jpg

She was a dark brown baby who is now showing a lot of orange coming through.
The only real way to determine the color of your dragon is by the parents as it's hereditary

Ah, okay. Thank you!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom