Vacation from hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
juliagulia00":1ifu8plk said:
Yeah. It turned out to be old shed that wasn't coming off because of the crushed walnut shells. Which are in the trash and I told the local pet store who suggested it that it should never be used. It's all cleared up now. We took baths regularly and he loves the water now so that was another plus. I've changed his lights and re did his cage. He seems to be doing much better. More alert and seems to be processing his food. I took the screen off and got clamps. I went out and got different veggies and different worms he loves okra and garbonza beans. Thanks for all the help and concern. I'll let you know if anything changes ❤️

Careful with those clamp lamp fittings such as
314065.jpg

and
$_58.JPG

they are far from secure and the lamp can work loose and fall into the viv and if it's the basking globe and it falls ontop your beardies (image red hot surfaces on bare skin , and add in very nasty cuts if the globe shatters when it hits the "ground".

Better off getting hold of a piece of 1/2in - 3/4in thick plywood and fixing the light fittings under this and using it as the viv's lid (with a couple small areas of mesh to permit air ventilation in the viv).

It's good that you've made some changes (substrate, lighting).

Here is my cheat sheet, viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234738&p=1806050#p1806050 it gives some handy hints and guidance that you might find helpful , is thorough but if you work through methodically I'm sure improvements needed will pop out at you..
Is very important to have the UV levels right, a good quality UV source (UVA & UVB) and to have the UV source positioned properly (if it's too far away - you might as well not have it).

Has he been seen by a vet yet ?
Beardies don't get to look as ill as yours without there being some underlying health condition over a long while (and this is particularly worrying since he's so young (still only a juvenile and should still be in his strong growth phase)..

Klub708

juliagulia00":1aod0q4z said:
Yeah. It turned out to be old shed that wasn't coming off because of the crushed walnut shells. Which are in the trash and I told the local pet store who suggested it that it should never be used. It's all cleared up now. We took baths regularly and he loves the water now so that was another plus. I've changed his lights and re did his cage. He seems to be doing much better. More alert and seems to be processing his food. I took the screen off and got clamps. I went out and got different veggies and different worms he loves okra and garbonza beans. Thanks for all the help and concern. I'll let you know if anything changes ❤️
Please dont dismiss us. Your beardie may have had a bad shed but he is also suffering from MBD and malnourishment and he needs immediate and intensive treatment. Just adding new lights without proper care and supplementation will only prolong or worsen his condition. I understand vets can be costly but In his case it is very necessary. Please dont leave your beardie to suffer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom