Kratos update

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got our little man Sept 10th he weighed 148grams and was 14 3/4 in length. I think I measured his squirmy butt wrong or he hasn't grown anymore in length yet.  His hatch date was approximately April 9th.
He has settled in nicely with us and is eating like a piggy. He chows down about 70-80 feeders a day. So far he is only eating a few bites of salad everyday.
This was the day we brought him home

43e1ccfe.jpg

f1dabebb.jpg

This is exactly one week later weighing in at 202 gms
4662e4ec.jpg

dff28e45.jpg

And finally today at bath time
0d42a2f3.jpg

f7d4fdd4.jpg

d46cda5b.jpg

jewl495

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Michael we are enjoying him a lot. I love that he's such a piggy and he's so calm for the most part.

jewl495

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well Kratos went to the vet today for his first checkup. Darn it I didn't take any pics. The girls at the vets office were fussing over and holding him. They were all commenting on what a beautiful boy he was. The vet said he looked great and that thus far he seemed healthy. She will call me tomorrow with his fecal results. They do both in house and send out to the lab, which I like.
After the vets office we sat down at Starbucks to soak in some sunshine!

jewl495

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well BOO Kratos seems to have coccidia (Eimeria) and pinworms. I will post more info later after I pick up the results and the meds. I guess its time to go pick up a steamer as well.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
jewl495":2eluq5je said:
Well BOO Kratos seems to have coccidia (Eimeria) and pinworms. I will post more info later after I pick up the results and the meds. I guess its time to go pick up a steamer as well.

They are the two most common parasites in dragon. Were they high counts or just there?

jewl495

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Michael, she said he had very high counts and would have expected to see diarrhea, instead his stool is well formed and doesn't smell bad.
I expected for him to possibly have parasites. Although his relocation stress hasnt been bad there are certain things that stress him out pretty bad. He loves his viv and to be held but if we take him outside or put him down to explore he stresses out quite a bit. That's why I waited for a week and a half to take him in. I wanted him to settle in a bit.
She's very good about giving me the lab paper work. I'll post the results later in the health forum, along with the med doses, and his weight.

jewl495

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Kratos seems to be doing ok despite the parasites. He has slowed down on his eating which could be due to the parasites or shedding. I'm waiting for a call back from the vet to see if she will give him Ponazuril instead of the bactrim. I weighed him yesterday before bedtime and he was 257 and 14.75 inches. He's not growing in length very much so I'm wondering if he is close to full size. He seems to be missing an inch or so off his tail. Anyhow here are some new pics of him.
This is my favorite I think. I love the orange coloring around his neck
7eb7b2e4.jpg

c45c5500.jpg

1a3143a4.jpg

He really doesn't care for butters, hornworms, or reptiworms. I thought it was kinda funny he has the butter pinned down with his foot
204f57a3.jpg

here's a pic of his tail nip. How much of his tail do you think is missing? About an inch maybe? Either way it doesn't really matter we love him anyhow.
983f81b2.jpg

1a46dd37.jpg

87364ff6.jpg

mozzy9511

Hatchling Member
Wow I absolutely love his color!! We have been looking into the different kinds of BD and I think the orange/red ones are my favorite. We are new BD parents and made the mistake of getting ours from petsmart. He seems to be healthy so far but when the guy put him in the container he shut his tail in the lid. We noticed the tip of his tail has started turning a grey/black color.. I am assuming it is going to fall off??
Anyways, sorry to hear he is sick, hope he starts feeling better soon and gets back his appetite!! :]

jewl495

Juvie Member
Original Poster
mozzy9511":38ip6r1q said:
Wow I absolutely love his color!! We have been looking into the different kinds of BD and I think the orange/red ones are my favorite. We are new BD parents and made the mistake of getting ours from petsmart. He seems to be healthy so far but when the guy put him in the container he shut his tail in the lid. We noticed the tip of his tail has started turning a grey/black color.. I am assuming it is going to fall off??
Anyways, sorry to hear he is sick, hope he starts feeling better soon and gets back his appetite!! :]

There are some beautiful dragons on here that are from petsmart. I prefer going the route of a good quaility breeder only because if you have issues they are there to help. Our breeder has been awesome answering my questions. Even though Im not new to owning a dragon it's been a long time since we have had a baby in the house. Otherwise you can get all the help you need here and through a good vet. What is your little ones name? Hopefully your little guy doesn't lose his tail but at the same I'm fond of beardies with imperfections!! They are lovable no matter what! As for my guy he is still eating but instead of 70+ feeders a day he is down to 40-60 and not eating very many greens. I'm hoping he will be back to his normal self soon.

mozzy9511

Hatchling Member
Yes I have seen some very beautiful dragons on here that came from petsmart. Our little guy/girl is really pretty I think, I have a thread about him under beardie tales.. His name is Mozzy and that is what the thread is called "Mozzy's Life" there are lots of pictures of him. Hopefully in the near future we will have the finances to start rescuing some beardies. I didnt realize how amazing they are until we got one! I think you are doing a great job taking care of Kratos. You can tell a huge difference in his size from the day you brought him home to now. :]

jewl495

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I had originally planned on updating this thread every couple weeks with pics but life takes it tole. Kratos is now 7 months, current weight is 395 g and he is 17in exactly with a tailnip, I'm guessing he would be 18-19 inches otherwise. His tail measures in at 9 inches. His eating has slowed down and he prefers larger almost fully grown roaches now, which kind of scares me to feed him such big insects but he handles them pretty good. Some days he is only eating his salads and wont touch insects other days he wont touch his salad at all. I guess he is starting to make a transition into an adult diet, but i'm offering insects everyday twice a day still. I have cut back on calcium but only because I'm having issues with hard urates ever since his parasite meds. It has helped a little but i'm starting to wonder if some blood test are in order to determine kidney function. He gets baths and oral fluids so something is a little off here.

Anyhow here are some updated pics of him

This was like 3 weeks ago
313f30d8.jpg

ac8d621f.jpg

And this was yesterday. I thought it was too cute the way he was laying, he is always sprawled out in strange positions.
622f762f.jpg

71904185.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom