Zilla's Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i see that a lot of people have threads for their little guys and gals, so i figured, what the heck! This is my 4(almost 5) month old sandfire bearded dragon, he's 12 almost 13 inches long and here are some pics of his current viv. (I'm in the process of fixing up and old display case for him! :D)

Zilla,only inches away from the screen top,soaking up the rays and heat.
043.jpg

Close up of Zilla regulating heat.
041.jpg

Zilla hiding in the corner,standing...being odd! :) (Notice his colors! That's sandfire right??)
037.jpg

His new water dish..and the canned silk worms he doesn't much care for.. =/
036.jpg

Mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery...your still going to get eaten though! :p
0362.jpg

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi all, this is an update on my bearded dragon Zilla. He is currently 5 1/2 months old, 13 inches long, and growing every day! He's currently in a shed so I'm bathing him 3-5 times a week. Here's 2 new videos from today when i put him in his new cage while cleaning his current one, he doesn't like mirrors lol! :) (I also have a new signature and avatar of him! :D )

Short Head bobbing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA2-soDy864

Battling the Mirror: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWNgqddsNZw

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Heres some new pics i've been hiding from all of you! ;)

This is how he sleeps,he just woke up :p
Zilla-Sleep.jpg

A close up of his face,shedding.
Very-CloseShed.jpg

Eating breakfast(shedding)
Shedding.jpg

Found you! :p
Regulating.jpg

Just chilling beside my bed.
Lengthwise.jpg

Serious face.
Close-Shedding.jpg

Regulating/colours after shed! :D
Closerregulating.jpg

He's spotted a cricket!
CloseRegulating.jpg

Arm(colours!)
After-Shedcolour.jpg

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
On the video of Zilla head bobbing, I believe that particular bob to be one as if to say "Don't mess with me, I will eat you", it is a dominance bobbing. Pulma and Ifrit both use that one, usually afterward there will be circling from the dragon on the receiving end. Funny thing is, Pulma is a pretty large lizard at 18.75 inches and Ifrit at 15.25 inches but, Pulma will back down to Ifrit all day long. BTW I don't let them just duke it out but, since I have 3 males all in the same room, I think they should be able to strut to an extent. I believe Ifrit to be the dominant male but, Pulma feels he should be and Des doesn't ever bother. :wink:

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hahaha i think thats what he was trying to do,was eat himself lol i think its hilarious when he goes after a mirror but i take him out fairly quickly so as not to stress him out to much :)

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Just thought i'de post a quick pic! Here's zilla snuggled all up and ready for bed, while i was posting something in a thread lol :) so cuuuute!

004.jpg

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
You should buy a background to cover the mirror. It would be an easy fix. I have a background in my cage and its funny because my beardies try to go into it like its really there. Zippy looks behind his occasionaly, pulling it down lol. He likes to try to sleep behind it away from the lights because hes brumating. Pip runs up to it and is almost vertical and does the beardie dance, the one they do on the glass when they want out. You have quite a handsome dragon and he is very photogenic! I think most beardies are lol they love the attention. I swear mine pose and wait till I take the picture to move.

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
I would think at least non toxic. Or get a sealant that is heat resistant. I did that for my wooden cage along with a non toxic stain.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
zillathakilla":2lf68oeu said:
Oh... I never thought about it being heat resistant.. It'll be by the UVB light though, should tha primer be heat-resistant nontoxic as well?

As long as u use a latex based primer and paint it will be just fine... Just make sure you let it air out for several days before u put him in there. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom