Sidney : I haven't posted in forever.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I'm starting a new thread for my new dragon and will do a memorial thread for my beloved Zilla, who was my first dragon.

We've had Sid for 5 days now, and wow! I can't believe how different of a dragon he his compared to Zilla! I still consider myself new to beardies since I'd never really even heard of them before around two years ago.

We are still in a learning process with Sid to try and figure out his likes and dislikes with foods and temperature etc. The woman I got him from had a toddler and a three week old baby, and wasn't spending the time with him that she wanted to. She didn't give me a whole lot of info except he loved roaches and didn't eat greens like she thought he should. That he was an every other day pooper and usually only on the left side of his tank. Not even positive what his basking temp was because the end of the thermometer hung down halfway in the back of the tank.

But so far so good with him! He ate a roach the first day and three superworms, but then threw up the next day. A piece of carrot either didn't agree with him, or I hadn't gotten his basking high enough. The next day he didn't eat, but I lowered his light and he eventually started gaping. Yesterday I coaxed him into 10 worms, and today he ate 25! That was WAY more than I intended to feed him, but honestly, it had been SO long since I had seen a healthy beardie eat! He even washed it down with some water dripped onto his nose. I snuggled with him a bunch after that, but new he had to bask so didn't keep him out to long. He promptly black bearded and glass danced to come out, so I took him out. Then he crawled up my shoulder and head and hung out and dozed. I put him back after awhile and he basked.

Here's some pix!!

First day!
25F98CB6-FA51-4E69-B636-38C809A1EDAC_zps3i192m2k.jpg

First day neck snuggles with daddy
A3FFCF45-56A6-4523-81BB-D965563DA110_zps6r3ppywd.jpg

Yesterday, checking out Mt. Shoepile
85263446d89d3db076fcf30f82c24db4_zps50ce7306.jpg

On the couch with his mouth open
fab813f43deb80c21ab5426ffe8daaa3_zpsee38fe48.jpg

Black bearding the back of the couch with his mouth open
19c21b376945e53ea1f5ff75051b040f_zps34a65b50.jpg

Today, very happy to be out of his tank
f9ee190aa6f84038d6c8e561dbe9d219_zpse8e6f6ea.jpg

Black beard fading since he's out of his tank
ef604e899477df898e5e0dadc3a90e01_zps81c41b74.jpg

How we snuggled for awhile after he ate 25 worms
bee88ee49a8e167d6af728568eb93e1c_zpsfc7dd461.jpg

He always touches my cheek or sticks his nose in my ear when he's on my shoulder
0a182261a4867b3f4ae947fcbfcade76_zpsb71a7044.jpg

He was very lazy/sleepy today
5f7075e1712dc042dce0705603a44511_zpsc56b1f67.jpg

Look at that black beard after I put him back to bask!!
9f7c5a441c6fcfd3a18d28e00888ab87_zpse84b2c38.jpg

I have NEVER seen a beard so black!! And look at that one spike. Pretty sure it's shedding.
d48c37dbd889c98d24a08b34a0227d1b_zpsbf6963b8.jpg

But he's a very pretty color! And I think he's got blue eyes!
3effee928e05add421afed88295586e9_zpsbf783c2f.jpg

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yes it made me feel real good. He did it maybe twice before that I recall. Once in Petsmart parking lot. Once at the Blessing of the Animals in a church parking lot.

I wish we had doors on all the door openings in this house. I'd like to let Sidney out most of the day tomorrow but for two reasons I'm a little hesitant. The house is pretty big and I have no idea where his hiding spots might be, and also because the windows are higher up from the floor than the old house. I have to make him a safe ramp to get down from that high up.

Oh wait! The sun room! It's floor to ceiling windows! Guess he's getting a treat tomorrow!!!!

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hopefully I'll have more time over the weekend for a nice update, but for now - here's some pix!
Two out of three babies enjoying the bright sun in the sunroom.
62668-6325110500.jpg
Closeup: Sidney is leaning on Cheeto! He had been on his purple bunny, but I guess decided to hang out with Cheeto since he hasn't been able to for weeks!
62668-1850552373.jpg
Sitting to enjoy a beverage. Unpacking and organizing is hard work!
62668-2302579200.jpg
I'll be back at it all weekend. I have off tomorrow so hopefully we can finish getting furniture placed, then I can really start to unpack. i still need to clean some shelves and cabinets first too.

All of the pets adjusted very well to the new house, but the I lost a fair amount of roaches. Not sure if they got to cold, or to hot, or to stressed. Will have to keep an eye on them.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So glad the big move is done & I know it takes time to organize everything, but you'll get there. That sunroom is sure nice! Glad to see Sidney enjoying Cheeto in the sunshine :D

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just uploaded a bunch of pix to the library here and will try to get them on to my thread before I crash out. It's been a cray-ZEE couple of weeks with work. Twice a year we get slammed during furniture Market. So between the closing, the move, attempting to unpack and now Market -- I'm exhausted.

Here's some pix, hopefully in some sort of order.

Another sunroom shot
62668-4104070100.jpg
Cheeto helping me in my moms apartment. I think I was cleaning and taking down curtains to wash and put back up.
62668-1332312161.jpg
Sidney fell asleep like that on the couch
62668-1125483746.jpg
Sidney is helping me unpack. Can you spot him? He's a really good helper.
62668-257458725.jpg
There he is!
62668-2701447066.jpg
Last Saturday I finally got to unpack and start to organize my craft room. Tristan and Sidney kept me company. I made a failed attempt at blocking the doorway with boxes to keep Sidney in. Yeah.
62668-2541070278.jpg
62668-6081906757.jpg
62668-936544650.jpg
Oh yeah, Cheeto helped too........
62668-1462749709.jpg
With Paula Deen and a coworker of mine on Saturday at our event for Paula's new furniture line. I'm on the right.
62668-6172430660.jpg
Sid watching tv.
62668-6129263863.jpg
I went and picked up my boss' dog yesterday since she was left at home. She hadn't been to the new house, but fit right in and made herself at home!
62668-4849202768.jpg
Of course, Cheeto wasn't to happy since that's HIS spot.
62668-1960649393.jpg
PooCat stayed there for a little while.
62668-6973385298.jpg
While Britta was here I didn't let Sidney hang on the couch. MAJOR black bearded attitude. Major. Black down to his belly button. Wait, they don't have belly buttons. Black down to his knees. So I put him in the sunroom but realized it was chilly. So I dug around and found the box with his extra light that's always by the window. Gotta keep the brat happy!
62668-2244486930.jpg
I think this was today. Maybe yesterday. He's actually happy in his tank.
62668-8821559907.jpg
Tonight helping me work from home. We were on the couch.
62668-1369103254.jpg

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
Those photos just solidify why I need my own apartment. I would love to let Dalia have as much freedom as she wants. Unfortunately since I live at home with my parents, and two Dogs, one of which is a black lab, Dalia can only wander around my room, which isn't too big :[ but there's hope in the future as soon as I graduate!

btw Sid is adorable

Tonja

BD.org Addict
beautiful pictures of sid, the cats and dog. glad you are getting settled in. cant wait for pics of sid and the new beds when you get time. I love your new home, its beautiful.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh Brenda, that is a beautiful house, I"m so glad it all worked out for you two. The animals sure love it and Sidney looks so right at home, especially in the sunroom. I'm so glad for you. Your Mom moves in on May 1, right? And you were with Paula Deen, that must have been awesome!

Thanks for sharing all the pics, they turned out so nice. That is, again, one awesome home!

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kmc4392":2rq7s9o4 said:
Those photos just solidify why I need my own apartment. I would love to let Dalia have as much freedom as she wants. Unfortunately since I live at home with my parents, and two Dogs, one of which is a black lab, Dalia can only wander around my room, which isn't too big :[ but there's hope in the future as soon as I graduate!

btw Sid is adorable

Thanks for stopping in, and thanks for the compliment on him. I think he's adorable too!

I love being able to let him out, and am thankful my cats are so laid back. I'm leary of letting him roam the whole place now though because it's a lot bigger than where we were. And the old place had doors on every room so I could close him off to just a few.

Tonja":2rq7s9o4 said:
beautiful pictures of sid, the cats and dog. glad you are getting settled in. cant wait for pics of sid and the new beds when you get time. I love your new home, its beautiful.
I will definitely do that probably this weekend when I'm home and can think straight. I just love the beds!!!!
And I'll try to take more pictures of the house as we get more settled. Tonight is finally the night we will start placing furniture! Richard as been sick for three weeks, so it's all been at a stand still.

sweetiepie9":2rq7s9o4 said:
Oh Brenda, that is a beautiful house, I"m so glad it all worked out for you two. The animals sure love it and Sidney looks so right at home, especially in the sunroom. I'm so glad for you. Your Mom moves in on May 1, right? And you were with Paula Deen, that must have been awesome!

Thanks for sharing all the pics, they turned out so nice. That is, again, one awesome home!

My mom will be here May 2. I took off a few days from work after that to help her get settled. Richard and a friend are laying down all the new flooring this weekend. Then I can finally finish up the last of the cleaning in there and order a refrigerator to be delivered and we're all set. Nothing like waiting til the last minute, huh?? Ugh.

Paula Deen has been in town a few times over the last few years. i think that's our 4th event with her. Maybe third - I can't remember.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Lucky! I love Paula Deen I watch her cooking show. I would like to meet her.

Beautiful house by the way. Hope you're all settled soon.

Kami

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have been so short on time the past couple weeks, I haven't paid much attention to Sidney's eating total at all. But he really hasn't eaten anything still in months. A couple roaches here and there. A couple bites of squash here and there.

So today I ran to petsmart at lunch to get some supers since he used to chow down on them. On a whim, I went down the aisle with the tanks and decorations and lights. I found two awesome things marked down to like $4.27 each. A rock ramp thing with skulls to lean on, and a hidey thing with a food bowl. Normally like $18. SCORE!

I rushed home to feed him some supers. I took him out, let him run on the carpet, he chased some worms and ate them (only 5). Then I had to pee real bad so I left the room. Then got side tracked because I honestly have no brain cells left.

I lost the lizard. I had NO idea where he was. No clue what room. No idea. He can catch some speed on the carpet too, so he could have been anywhere.

First Time that ever happened! I used to hear his nails on the floors and could keep track of his movements. Nope. Not here. I searched and searched for a solid ten minutes (felt like an hour crawling around on my hands and knees ). Really had to get back to work so stood in the living room figuring I'd just have to find him later.

I finally heard him behind his dresser. Little turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom