SEIZURES, BACK LEGS NOT WORKING** NEED IMMEDIATE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjsdragons

Hatchling Member
taylorjanisch":3oj820g3 said:
**I also just noticed her shedding on one of her legs and tail. Isn't shedding a sign of being healthy? This situation is so confusing.
a dragon with mbd or impaction can still shed i had a dragon with pinworms just growing slower than molasses and he shed once in 5 months

taylorjanisch

Original Poster
cjsdragons":3o03alo9 said:
taylorjanisch":3o03alo9 said:
**I also just noticed her shedding on one of her legs and tail. Isn't shedding a sign of being healthy? This situation is so confusing.
a dragon with mbd or impaction can still shed i had a dragon with pinworms just growing slower than molasses and he shed once in 5 months

oh okay.
i really dont know what this vet i had was thinking.. It seems like just making her poop a tiny bit helped more in 10 minutes then 4 days of antibiotics have done.

cjsdragons

Hatchling Member
taylorjanisch":2tv9c1b4 said:
cjsdragons":2tv9c1b4 said:
taylorjanisch":2tv9c1b4 said:

oh okay.
i really dont know what this vet i had was thinking.. It seems like just making her poop a tiny bit helped more in 10 minutes then 4 days of antibiotics have done.
i have to read the thread lol ive seen bits and pieces ill have a better look in a few minutes ill edit this answer after

edit:
id say mbd is the main issue repti glo sometimes gets a bad rap the wavelength is the problem with those bulbs if kept high up it can be accomplished but its really a pain to do and sometimes a waste of time she should have calcium everyday still with d3
as for antibiotics i dont get why he gave her those that normally hurts a animal not in need of them yes getting her to poop was great it will help alot she sounds like shes getting back into shape

did you end up getting the reptisun 10.0 strip light? that could be the reason for her shed proper uvb seems like shes back on the right path

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things with your girl now?
I hope she is doing much better now. It sounds like she is starting to get some strength back now. It takes time, but it seems like she is improving.
Is she eating much right now? If she is shedding, that is a great sign, too.
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

taylorjanisch

Original Poster
Drache613":214e3cxe said:
Hello,

I hope she is doing much better now. It sounds like she is starting to get some strength back now. It takes time, but it seems like she is improving.
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

I haven't got the strip light yet. I ordered it online though, because all the pet stores in my area only sell repti glo -.-
But today out of no where she walked right off of my friends lap and was walking around my bed. She was using her back legs (not normally completely) but they weren't dangling and dragging behind her so i'm glad with any improvement even a little! Shes kind of off balance and not completely stable with walking but thats okay! She hasn't shown much interest in food sadly, but we're having to give her gatorade to boost her blood sugar which she loves.
Today we tried giving her a bath again to try to get her to poop more but we couldn't get anything. Whats the best way? she seems really clogged up.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Try a few drops of mineral or vegetable oil in some squash baby food or plain pumpkin. (Not spiced)
Keep up the warm baths. Make it a little deeper so your beardie can swim and exercise a bit. Hope this helps!

taylorjanisch

Original Poster
Esther19":1fq3bhh8 said:
Try a few drops of mineral or vegetable oil in some squash baby food or plain pumpkin. (Not spiced)
Keep up the warm baths. Make it a little deeper so your beardie can swim and exercise a bit. Hope this helps!

she's not strong/stable enough to exercise she'll just lay there. today she walked around once or twice in the tub but not for long. I'll try the baby food tomorrow! I heard apple sauce may work as well?

Skulkimas

taylorjanisch":2cao3f02 said:
Esther19":2cao3f02 said:

she's not strong/stable enough to exercise she'll just lay there. today she walked around once or twice in the tub but not for long. I'll try the baby food tomorrow! I heard apple sauce may work as well?

I used Baby food (squash kind) for my Wiz, but I have heard they will eat applesauce. I'm glad your little one is "running" around. I'm still waiting for my girl to get up and start being a little active. As for the pooping issue, last night I stayed up with Wiz for 3 hours massaging and letting her soak in combination with veggi oil.

cjsdragons

Hatchling Member
taylorjanisch":2xffya9y said:
Drache613":2xffya9y said:
Hello,

Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

I haven't got the strip light yet. I ordered it online though, because all the pet stores in my area only sell repti glo -.-
But today out of no where she walked right off of my friends lap and was walking around my bed. She was using her back legs (not normally completely) but they weren't dangling and dragging behind her so i'm glad with any improvement even a little! Shes kind of off balance and not completely stable with walking but thats okay! She hasn't shown much interest in food sadly, but we're having to give her gatorade to boost her blood sugar which she loves.
Today we tried giving her a bath again to try to get her to poop more but we couldn't get anything. Whats the best way? she seems really clogged up.
not sure about gatorade but pedialyte is metabolized

taylorjanisch

Original Poster
everyday things seem to be getting better with kai :) this morning i woke up and she was holding herself up and was alert. her back legs also looked normal.
I came home from school and she was laying on this bridge we have for them which they have to climb to get on. i took her out and she was walking around and was able to rite herself which she didnt do yesterday!
i gave her prune baby food with 2 drops of oil in it to try to get her to poop and a bath. no success but hopefully she'll do it on her own.
i dont know what is helping her if its the antibiotics or the little poop we got 2 days ago, but whatever it is is working!

taylorjanisch

Original Poster
To everyone that posted stuff to help me with Kai thanks so much :) Kai is much better and seems almost normal.
Today I saw her eat more then I've ever seen here eat before and I even got her to eat some greens which is unusual for her because she just doesn't seem to like them.
This website never fails me!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news about Kai! :blob5:
She also ate some greens too? That must mean she feels so much better.
Is she more active now also?

Let us know if you need anything.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is excellent news! :blob8:
I am so happy to hear that she is doing so much better now. If you need anything just let us know.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom