*RAZZLE*NewPics~8-25 NO! All previous pics are GONE. *sigh*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What meds is Razzle on, as they can be very dehydrating & will suppress his appetite. You're doing everything you can, so keep all that up, it's great that you're persevering (sp?). I've had a few babies stop eating because of parasites, but after meds were given they all started eating again & made up all the weight. So don't worry about going up & down in weight by a few grams, it's all normal.

All 5 of our dragons are on meds for parasite eggs. They don't like it but, but they still get their dose every Sunday for 4 weeks, then I have to get 5 fecals done to make sure the parasites are gone. So the eating right now isn't happening a whole lot.

You'll see a big difference once the meds are done. Good luck & keep up the good work. You sure are doing more than I did. I just left them on chicken & squash until they were over the meds. In fact I've kept up giving them babyfood squash & I'm going to add the chicken again, as they'll all eat that. They all love babyfood. I'm also going to get some crickets, sometimes they like a change. I've always had trouble with silkworms, as they've mostly all died. I live near Vancouver, BC, Canada, so we don't get roaches up here, would be great, I'll bet they'd all love them.

I'll keep an eye on your thread. If you're looking for threads you've responded to, click on "view your posts" & the most recent threads will be listed there. I use it all the time.
Give Razzle a baby hug from us all,
Deb

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sherri, looks like you've tried just about everything to get him to eat on his own. Have you offered escarole, endive or dandelions though? Ours loved those when they were babies.

I do know what you mean about them not liking a thin consistency. Gizmo will drink a little but if the water runs down just under his eye, he shuts it tight and most of the time he won't take any more. I guess it tickles, who knows.

I do agree with Deb that their wt can go up & down a little bit and even daily. You will drive yourself crazy if you check the wt before & after eating. I would suggest you get a wt (after a poop) and then check again 5 to 7 days later, then you will be able to see the progression or lack of.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you Deb:)

His last doses of Ponazuril and Panacur were a month ago :(

He took his last dose of Metronidazole this past Sunday. It was his 2nd round of it. A one week break in between.

Maybe the Metronidazole is still affecting him? Possibly?

Yes, I check that feature of the site lol. I usually go to Board Index every day and click on *read new posts* and go from there :D

I don't think I will order silks again LOL They all died b/c he did not like them :roll:
Wow! 5 dragons...you are very busy! :mrgreen: I will check out your thread :) What a shame about the parasite eggs, hope they clear up soon for you and the critters :shock:

Thanks again!
Sherri

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you Diane! :)

Glad to hear I am not alone with the whole thin consistency thing :roll: Yesterday I mixed the ground up bee pollen in with the acidopholiz and it thickened it up a bit and he took it that way lol.

I put his liquid calcium and dipped thin pieces of carrot in it and gave it to him that way :roll: Once he starts eating his dubia again (thinking positive here) I will put the drops on them.

Gizmo is quite the character and I don't remember if I told you how much I love his name! It is very cool!

I did not feed him any bf yesterday at all. Still just looked at the dubia for a bit and then nothing.

I will go another day w/o giving the babyfood. Do you think I should not offer the dubia either for one or 2 days? Maybe he will be excited to see them again that way? Or does it not work that way? LOL

Thanks again :D
Sherri

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The name Gizmo is becoming more & more common here now. When we chose it, he was the only one. He is our little Gizmo and it fits him perfectly. :wink:

I would still offer him the dubias but not necessarily the freshly shed ones. Try not handfeeding, see if he will grab any feeders on his own. Also, be sure to offer fresh greens anyway and try your best not to handfeed those either. Let us know how it works out.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
La5zFiNe5t":fag9x6vi said:
Nice color beardy great pics to... Hw long have you had him ?

We got him May 10th (My Birthday!!) and he was 7 or 8 weeks...would have to look lol The ticker of his age is at the bottom of my sig :D

Thank you!
Do you have pics up? I will search your username for your posts and see :)

Sherri

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
La5zFiNe5t":2hxd8q9d said:
Yes I have posted something in the photo expressions of my beardy I'm still learning how to work this forum

You will get there! Then you will wonder how you EVER got along without this! :mrgreen:

The best place out there for your beardie...and you!

~Sherri

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sherri,

I had to take a look at Razz as I hadn't seen a picture of him. He looks very vibrant, color wise. I didn't know he was a reduced scale dragon. Those are great pictures! :D

Tracie

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much!

Our son decided he wanted a little bit smoother dragon...especially for petting reasons :mrgreen: Our son is so anxious for Razz to be off all meds so he can spend more time with him! He takes him for walks or sits on the swing with him for his outside time though :D

Thanks again for all the help!
(OH, I forgot to mention! Razz has the beginning of a pre-shed coming on his tail and part of his head, finally! It has been 6 weeks without a shed!)
Sherri

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Sherri, I'm glad Razzle is finally getting off the meds. Make sure he's really hydrated, as the meds go through him they dry him up. Otherwise, pics please. How old is he now?

My bunch get their last doses on Sunday, then I wait two weeks & get 5 fecals to the vet to make sure they're all ok. :roll:

Isn't it great that your son shows interest in Razzle. :D :D That's great that they get outside time. None of my 5 want to be outside. I bought another Power Sun & put it above the ramp that Roger built. So now, any dragon that is on the ramp is getting UVB, too. Makes it easier to have them out & Didi prefers the ramp to the lamp in his tank, even though it's the same type of lamp (power sun) and the same amount of space between the top of his head & the bottom of the bulb. I do tell him he still has to share & it's a short morning, I have to leave at 10:30a and won't be home until probably 8p. I'm off to the doc to see if I'm finally fit to return to work. I put my shoulder out again (doing what? who knows), so will have that checked but still should be able to do 2 4 hr shifts. The office is getting very busy, too many people off on vacation or sick leave. So I think they're anxious for me to get back. Hope I'm up to it!
Hugs
Deb

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
A few more pics :) I will post more recent ones tomorrow :)
Many of these were taken while he was on meds and not feeling well :(

The shedding one(s) are from his last shed that ended around June 10th. He just today shed his back for the first time since then :)

6015235817_9ae712f09f.jpg

Please try to ignore the hornworm *juice* on a lot of these pics! Bad slave...forgot to clean him up before his camera shoot :mrgreen:
6015234679_c09cae3732.jpg

6015232361_8a51a85ffc.jpg

6015779560_876d250534.jpg

6015231201_b2663b2ec0.jpg

6015223713_1714ed1cb2.jpg

6015222253_ab571c26d6.jpg

6015225091_3ca114e2ef.jpg

6015766984_db07405e8d.jpg

6015765852_bb31015510.jpg

5883384508_f8f31b0350.jpg

5877216152_f669aeb8de.jpg

5876651331_9418824210.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Sheri, hopefully Razz will feel better now that he's finished his meds. You have to retrain him, like Diane said, to get him to eat himself. Roger used to handfeed all 5 dragons in the afternoon, greens & fruit. So that's left me doing the same thing. If you can get him to eat himself, good on you. I still have to handfeed them or they just won't eat. I'm going to get some containers & try again. Once I'm back to work full-time they'll have to eat food on their own. They like to be spoiled, it's hard to change slave bad habits!

I just loved all your pics, Razzle doesn't look as if he's underweight. He's got great colour & I just loved the close ups. Is that a volcanoe he climbs to get onto his hammock? Wow, I've never seen anything like that! It's really neat & he sure looks comfy at the top of it! :lol:

I'm hoping he'll feel much better soon,
Hugs to you both,
Deb & my crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom