My "My-my(s)" Myah found a home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall I wag my tail and fetch that ball? No. This will not do. I think I'll sit and bask awhile, maybe all day through. Is that yarn? A funny thing. So fuzzy soft and round. Chase it? No. I will not go. There's crickets to be found! I will not sing a pretty tune. I will not bounce and hop. And if I get too tired, it's anywhere I'll plop. But please my person, mom of mine, or my daddy dear, Remember when you're gone away, I still wait right here. I love my bath, our cuddle time, you're more then just a face. Please don't ever give me to an unfamiliar place. I need you and I'll try to show how great that I can be. Even though, you may not know, if I'm he or she. Have some faith. You'll earn my trust, I swear with all my heart. It's plain to see and clear to me, here's our fresh new start.

(Inspired by a very loved little dragon.)

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Beardiesforthewin72":33f1nr77 said:
I wish you updated more I love reading all the stuff about her!
Aw, thank you :oops: Ok, I got one for ya.
About two weeks ago, I took Myah out for a cuddle. All the dogs were dozing, (My standard poodle Saraphina and my "puppy-sit boys," two boxers) when Myah decided she was gonna show these canine's who was really 'top dog' LOL! :lol: Myah slowly walked off of my lap (eyeing me the whole time), then... Whoosh! :shock: As soon as she touched couch cushion she bolted for my poor sleepy Sara! Myah ran up Sara's leg and stood in the middle of Sara's back! Sara jumped off the sofa and I caught Myah mid-air! When I looked down at little Myah, I swear I saw a smug smile! The look was like 'I always wanted to do that! Wahaha!' Oh, Myah, you mischief maker you! :lol: Thank goodness my Sara is too sweet too snap at Myah. I'm very lucky :wink:

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
morphmom":3e5jns91 said:
Beardiesforthewin72":3e5jns91 said:
I wish you updated more I love reading all the stuff about her!
Aw, thank you :oops: Ok, I got one for ya.
About two weeks ago, I took Myah out for a cuddle. All the dogs were dozing, (My standard poodle Saraphina and my "puppy-sit boys," two boxers) when Myah decided she was gonna show these canine's who was really 'top dog' LOL! :lol: Myah slowly walked off of my lap (eyeing me the whole time), then... Whoosh! :shock: As soon as she touched couch cushion she bolted for my poor sleepy Sara! Myah ran up Sara's leg and stood in the middle of Sara's back! Sara jumped off the sofa and I caught Myah mid-air! When I looked down at little Myah, I swear I saw a smug smile! The look was like 'I always wanted to do that! Wahaha!' Oh, Myah, you mischief maker you! :lol: Thank goodness my Sara is too sweet too snap at Myah. I'm very lucky :wink:
I love that story lol I'm afraid with Charmander around zoey she's quite the hunter and will up any animal that isn't her. She's not aggressive just a hunting dog once char gets bigger I will put them in a controlled situation see where things go but for now zoey is blissfully unaware char is alive lol. Pikachu (my cat, yeah I know huge Pokemon fan!) well he's a runt and Charmander will most likely end being able to hold her own against him. But I hope they become friends I heard they get along quite nicely!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Aw, there's lots of beardie/cat teams, I think that would be lovely :wink: I'm very blessed with Sara. She's been around small animals since she was an itty-bitty-baby-doggy so, she knows her place 8)

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
I wish i had a cat that could hang out with my nero.(i have around 15 cats because we save them from the streets and from horrible deaths ).But i do have one horrible cat named drake who sits on a bench in front of nero's viv ALL DAY AND EVERY DAY and he follows me around when i take nero out :banghead: :angry5: .Then again he is very cute. :lol: .By the way Myah is extremely cute and I love HER tail :love5:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
NEROtheMONSTER":3nsuphdx said:
.Then again he is very cute.
LOL! :lol: I've always enjoyed animals with attitude. Drake wouldn't be Drake if he didn't keep you on your toes! LOL! :lol:
NEROtheMONSTER":3nsuphdx said:
By the way Myah is extremely cute and I love HER tail
Oh my gosh, Myah and her darn tail! LOL! :lol: When she was a baby with her first family, something happened where the tip of her tail must have been broken as there is a clear kink. She has guarded that tail ever since. I don't dare to touch it! :shock: Her 1st puff at me was when I slid my hand down it while bathing her and trying to figure out her gender resulted in me giving up and having the vet do it. :roll: She has it curved up even in the tub and I have to weigh it down with paper towels when she sheds it! LOL! :lol: It's so funny that you mentioned it as Dooter noticed it too and I just thought that's what BD's do. Oh, Myah, you little diva! LOL! :lol:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ok, another quick story.
I'm trying to potty train Myah so I put her in the bath later in the afternoon knowing she still had not messed. (most days, she messes in the morning after I go to work :roll:) I made the water a TINY bit deeper so her shoulders would be slightly covered. I placed her in and she must of sensed something was different because she went loco! :shock: She splashed and flailed then she went under! :shock: The water barely touched her neck! I lifted her under her tummy thinking she would just lower her tucked up legs. Wrong! Myah had a different plan in mind. She puffed up bigger then I've ever seen! She looked like she swallowed a balloon! There she was floating away, on a slight tilt like a fishing bobber! I swear she was holding her breath! LOL! :lol: Ok, new plan. I took her out of the tub and put her in a wash cloth. I then lowered her back in the tub while standing on the cloth and she was fine. Thank goodness! (I wanted to take a pic but I was way too scared she would go under the water again while I got the camera) What a silly little girl! The camera will ALWAYS be with me for now on! LOL! :lol:

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
O my god drake is so cute but boy is he annoying sometimes :angry5: .He is whitish orange(I don't even know how to describe his color)and he has beautiful green eyes!We found him as a kitten outside along with a calico :roll: .We need to tell our mom to stop taking home strays :( .
Nero used to do the tail curl when he was a baby but he does not do it anymore :( .I think it is so funny how you have to hold down her tail with paper towels :lol: .Nero never likes his baths and he used to do that thing were they hold their breath and float :roll: .Sometimes beardies are so funny :p !

Lara

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I laugh at Myah's antics every day! LOL! :lol: BD's really are the comedians of the reptile world! :D

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I started potty training Myah about a week ago. It didn't look good :( Myah has spent almost two years of her life eating, then messing in the morning. But today/yesterday I saw a glimmer of hope! :D I've SLOWLY pushed her feedings to around 3pm. If I can get her to make her messes around 4pm, then I'll always be home! :D She has messed in the bath at about 3:15 for two days now! Hope! :D It's an uphill climb but if I can reach my goal Myah will be rewarded with an all tile floor and Coccidia won't be as scary. Good work little My-my, keep it up! :D

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Woohoo! :D Managed to push Myah off another 1/2 hour today! :D She messed at around 3:35 in the tub! We only have one more 1/2hr to go! I'm sooooo close to never having to clean the viv! (except for maintenance, ofcourse :wink: ) I'm starting to get excited! Wish me luck! :D

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Yay Myah! Hold that poop! Make it easy for momma!

Seriously, as difficult as coccidia is to get rid of, this might really go a long ways to getting rid of it for good.

My fingers are crossed for you!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Dooter":9pavkg62 said:
Seriously, as difficult as coccidia is to get rid of, this might really go a long ways to getting rid of it for good.
Gosh! I hope so! Myah and I have been working so hard together. I contacted the BD co and they said my order was sent on the 30th so I should get it late next week. I was fine with that. They were very honest with me and said there were complications with part of my order being out of stock. Can't wait to get it though. Myah is still acting like happy Myah but I want this war to end. Darn you to heck Coccidia!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Just got my order from BB.co....with the coccidia disinfectant and everything else...so be on the look out for yours...the post lost a shipment to BB.co 3 weeks ago and part of it they are just now getting..as for the coccidia disinfectant..I got some swabs from my vet and did 5 swabs before using the disinfectant and 5 20 mins after using it..took them to the vet...got a call on them before was a +10 on the coccidia and after it was not readable so the disinfectant cleared them out of Geico's tank...also put a cap full in my washer on low fill and washed his bedding and stuffie and his wash cloths he gets wrapped in after his bath...all clean and disinfected. You will love this stuff.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
That's awsome Tonja! Thank you for puuting my mind at ease. :D I can't wait to get my little girl healthy again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom