+++FINISHED+++ Stackable VIV's I am Building!! *with pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangoTheBeardie

Original Poster
thanks so much!!!!

and no, I don't mind at all if you steal the idea though it wasn't even really mine to begin with. I took ideas from everyone on the site and mashed them together! Besides Jess' I pretty much coppiced her rocks. Bc I LOVE THEM SOO MUCH!!

Thanks again! And good luck and happy building!!

Jess

Extreme Poster
BTW, Dudley has discovered his platform and ramp in his post-brumation insanity. :D Now that he figured out how to use them, he LOVES them. He even sleeps on them LOL.

SInce beardies seem to like my rock designs, I don't mind if anyone steals them. :wink:

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna give this a go. I'm about to get my year end bonus, so I'll have the money and my boyfriend loves building things so yeah! Major viv envy :p
I think I'll leave out one of the rocks so I'll have adequate room for a log though. Nancy really, really loves her log.

Beautiful job!!

RangoTheBeardie

Original Poster
Jess":hbz5oiwk said:
BTW, Dudley has discovered his platform and ramp in his post-brumation insanity. :D Now that he figured out how to use them, he LOVES them. He even sleeps on them LOL.

SInce beardies seem to like my rock designs, I don't mind if anyone steals them. :wink:
That's awesome Jess! Im so glad the Dudley is out of brumation and going crazy! Lol. Our beardies love the big platform but rarely use the small one unless its feeding time and they are running around like craaazy waiting for their turn. Bailey likes to sit at the bottom of the big one and watch tv. Sounds ridiculous but she sits with her face against the glass watching. Rango just likes to make messes in his dig box.

lastplaneteer: so awesome that you wanna build vivs for your beardies!! Any questions give me a holler,, and you definitely don't have to build the rocks if your beardie already has favorite logs :)

DNADragons

Hatchling Member
RangoTheBeardie":29hj8fns said:
WE'RE FINISHED!!
5b6c29ac.jpg

I love it, very nice!! Great job!

Just want to let you no that i build my viv from your ideas. =DDD Everything is the same besides the top header piece. mines only 3 in. But just wanted to say thank you very much.

Floof

Juvie Member
That is SO cool! It actually makes me want to give it a go, lol! (I SUCK at DIY, so have been looking into prefab vivs.) I have my beardie butt and a tortoise that this viv style would work perfect for... For that matter, I wonder how hard it would be to make one of these 8 feet long and sturdy enough to hold 1' of moist dirt? Oh geeze. If I weren't so broke, I'd be begging you to make me one. I'd even drive down to pick it up! Those are just TOO cool!

How did the UVB issue work out? Did it end up being close enough? When I was reading your first post, I couldn't help but keep thinking, "MVB, MVB, MVB!" I know the fluorescents seem to be the favored around here, but I use MVBs for my beardie and torts (so, 3 total at any given time), and love 'em. They put out good UVB a lot farther (12" for the 100 watt Powersun; 18" or a little more for the 160 watt), which I love, since it means I don't have to figure out how to safely hang fluorescent lights down into my tanks to get them close enough. Now that would be a pain in the butt, in those 2' tall aquariums, lol!

amandanb90

RockaBillie":fgxv80wg said:
this is very similar to what we are planning. may i ask what you used to make the rocks? like the coating?

I would love to know this too! Also, what do you use to seal the rocks when you are done?

RangoTheBeardie

Original Poster
Sorry it took so long to get back.

To seal the rocks we used watered down gorilla wood glue in a spray bottle. It has held up really good so far.

Thanks for all the great comments guys! Our beardies love their vivs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom