+++FINISHED+++ Stackable VIV's I am Building!! *with pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Loganator":29f4htbj said:
Keep updating us on your progress! I want to see the finished product. What I like best about yours is that pretty molding you added to make it look like fine furniture. That really makes a big difference in the overall appearance.

Yes! Please do! :blob8: I do like that molding too! :D

saleen89559

Juvie Member
Glad to see the cages are going good. I have been away for a week due to working long hours.

The main reason I only gave a size idea for my cages was the fact that each person is going to interpret and customize their cages the way they want them. So it was no intention to be vague, just flat out limited for the creativity factor.

Good work!

RangoTheBeardie

Original Poster
@Loganator and AchiCat: Thanks so much!! I really didn't think that I was going to like the molding at first but now I really do!
@Saleen: I know you weren't being vague, I understand exactly why you didn't give precise measurements for everything.. because everyone definitely does want to put their own touch and flair to it so I'm definitely not knocking you for that! I was just glad to stumble upon yours! If I hadn't I would have ended up with something close to yours anyways, I was just unsure how it would look. You were my inspiration sorta, in a non-wierd way.. lol

UPDATE TIME!!
We got the plexiglass yesterday *decided to go with plexiglass over real glass because it holds in the heat better* and I ordered the tracks on Sunday so now we are just waiting for them to come in!

Other than that we finished the rocks, got them all sealed up, wanted to see how they looked in the viv's and ONE DIDN'T FIT!!! :banghead:
This one to be precise
13f61918.jpg

Need to say I WAS VERY UPSET about that.. I salvaged it by breaking the two back legs off and cutting the top platform back and then gluing the back legs back on and just re-grouting where the legs were glued and a few other touchup parts.. took all of an hour but I was just so upset with it at first. This platform was a pain to begin with bc when I made it it wasn't tall enough so I needed to add more steps but it was already as long as it could be so you can tell the added ones go more sideways than straight like they should, so I though I did good but I guess I should have checked/measured again before finishing it. ***So word to the wise measure a million times and grout once!*** I am at work right now so I don't really have any pictures but the babies are doing fine. I will update with some new pictures soon!!

RangoTheBeardie

Original Poster
Hey hey hey, progress being made!! The tracks are scheduled to be at the house today when I get home, my mom painted the vivs again bc they got scuffed and that white molding looks much better black.. She sent me these :D

cb7f06f2.jpg

dce71bdd.jpg

So as soon as I get home today we are gonna set the tracks and put the plexiglass in and the lights came in on Monday so we are gonna put them all in and test the temps tonight!! Hopefully by this weekend we will have them right and the kiddos can move themselves to their new homes!! I'm sure Bailey will be super happy as she has grown about 6" in 3 weeks, we will have had her a month on the 11th,, well yesterday,, wow how time flies, but she's in a 10gal right now and outgrowing it quick even though she still has tons of space.. Rango in his 40 breeder never even moves.. :( so keep a close eye on this thread as finished pics will probably be put up tomorrow!! So excited :blob8:

RangoTheBeardie

Original Poster
WE'RE FINISHED!!

I'm kind of sad to be done because now I don't have a fun weekend project.. Lol but I also am very glad it's done to have the house back in order and all that jazz! We added their names but now im not too sure that I like it :\ hmm.. These pictures are NOT the greatest just some quick shots,, I will definitely be taking more/better ones to post. Got all the lightbulbs in now and testing them out today!! So wait no more:
5b6c29ac.jpg

4b19026e.jpg

0f8f2c67.jpg

bb3f5c59.jpg

I put their blankies in:
dbb23757.jpg

de64ce67.jpg

Enjoy!!

Loganator

Juvie Member
WOW! Looks awesome. When do you start taking orders to build ours for us? LOL Just kidding. But you did say you were sad to have finished. I'm going to have to muster up some motivation and see if I can do something like this.

Good job, it turned out great. Thanks for sharing!

RangoTheBeardie

Original Poster
Loganator":9jos5hym said:
WOW! Looks awesome. When do you start taking orders to build ours for us? LOL Just kidding. But you did say you were sad to have finished. I'm going to have to muster up some motivation and see if I can do something like this.

Lol Deb! I would LOVE to build everyone one!! Freight shipping would probably cost TONS!! thanks I'm so glad it came out good too!

Jpiroden

Hatchling Member
Lucky, I wish I could do all that, but I do not have that kind of cash nor do my parents care because they think it's complete useless waist of time >_>

rdoyle

Juvie Member
RangoTheBeardie":2gj3dtxc said:
Loganator":2gj3dtxc said:

Lol Deb! I would LOVE to build everyone one!! Freight shipping would probably cost TONS!! thanks I'm so glad it came out good too!

How far you live from Baton Rouge LOL

RangoTheBeardie

Original Poster
rdoyle":vv98ondi said:
How far you live from Baton Rouge LOL
Hmm.. I'm in Picayune, MS, it's an hour from NOLA, which is where I work EVERYDAY,, UGH!! lol so it's about 2 maybe 2 and a half hours from BR. :D

RangoTheBeardie

Original Poster
Seriously though rdoyle if you're interested PM me and we can talk more about it.. I would totally be willing to do it for anyone close enough, within reasonable driving distance! I would love to build everyone one but it just wouldn't make sense with shipping costs!!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Your vivs look oddly familiar... :lol:
DSC01910.jpg

Same background and everything! LOL.
BTW, how did you attatch the background? I just velcoed mine.

RangoTheBeardie

Original Poster
Lol Jess... You caught me! I didn't intend for it to look so much like yours but when I was building my rocks I really liked yours and I guess it stuck in my head and showed through in the end result. The background was totally not my fault.. After I finished the rocks and realized they were sooooo much like yours I decided I would not do the same background!! So I sent my mom out for background, she called and said she found the perfect one!! She brought home the same stuff!! And the store wouldn't let me exchange it, I was upset.. I'm just a super big ole copy cat lol!! I guess I should say thanks for the inspiration! ;) and we glued it to the wall.. Totally wish I'd've thought of velcroing it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom