falcor & tolkien's fun fotos thread *new pics pg 14*

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, falcor is my first beardie. she has been doing this spring fever thing for close to a month now...driving me nuts! she eats barely anything and just wants to stare out the window and run around the house and try to climb walls!!! she eats next to nothing, only the occasional roach (1-3 per week!) absolutely wont go near her veggies (she used to LOVE her salads??!!!) and only eats baby food mixed with critical care!!!! last month she weighed in at 470 grams, now she's down to 461...hopefully she doesn't drop much more weight. :banghead: i've tried everything, superworms, hornworms, waxworms, butterworms, silkworms, NUTTIN! she looks at me like im crazy...which i possibly am!!!!! so, in my insanity, i made a comic strip to make myself feel better. plus, i'ver heard & seen people here like comic strips!!! so here ya go!

4-4-10falcor02.jpg

4-4-10falcor01.jpg

4-4-10falcor03.jpg

I had fun making that!!!

but, seriously, that is ALL she does....stares and stares hours upon hours out the window...!!!!! LOL

i will return with more comics!

do they ever return to their normal selves? or is it endless craziness here on out?

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
they are healing very well, her one foot is pretty much all normal again. the really bad foot is on it's way to normal again also. still scabby, and i still have a bandage on it to be safe. the betadine baths are working well, although i think she really hates the smell of the water with that stuff in it, she goes nuts and doesnt want to be there. she's never been a big bath-time beardie, only on occasions does she seem to enjoy the water and swim. so it can be a battle to keep her hydrated. she would rather drink her liquids then swim in them!!!

SPRING FEVER IS OVER!!!!! FINALLY!!! she's been back to normal for the past 2 weeks, she's eating like a little piggy again, she eats ravenously, about a dozen superworms a day!!! and her colors are beautiful yellows, golds, all bright & happy. belly is clear of stress marks and all white. she has that sparky-falcor happiness in her eyes again that i've missed for the past 2 months. when she sees me walk by she just lights up and watches everything i do. loves coming out of her cage and staring out the window. it's amazing how controlling nature & their hormones-springtime is to them, they are total zombies and fixated on mating/finding a mate lol!!! she truly is a whole different creature during that time of year. i feel it was a mixture of spring and moving too much, her weird behavior. too many new smells and not feeling comfortable where we were, too many changes at once. i think she's finally settled and accepted her new home.

we went to the park today and she loved that, she's a ham. loves the attention from people stopping to look at her...she's like 'yah, i'm beautiful aren't i ???' lol i have pics but they are on my phone, i have to figure out how to get them to my computer now. i'm still amazed that i live in texas, and how many people do not know what a bearded dragon is and how many people think and immediately ask if she's an iguana....lol...i dont think a bearded dragon and an iguana look anything alike at all. lol i also can't seem to find a good reptile shop here either, kinda disappointing and ironic really, some place that sells a variety of feeders besides superworms, mealworms, crickets and waxies. thats all i can get here. it's ironic because i came from minnesota, and st. paul had one of the best reptile shops i've seen so far, minnesota, cold cold cold lol!!!! you'd think in texas there'd be reptile shops all over the place, but, nope! maybe there are some strict rules for reptiles in place here that i don't know about.

sorry about my long ramblings, i will post some new pics soon. falcors feet are on the mend and she's back to her normal self! :) tolkien is a little stinker-cutie. he's totally a laid-back chilled out lizard. he absolutely loves vegetables which makes me happy. he'll eat 2 platefuls a day sometimes. the minute he sees me fixing up his salad bowl he literally glows lol!!! he watches my every move too. but the funny thing is he will not eat the salad in front of me. he patiently waits till i leave the room. so funny and weird, it's like he doesnt want you to know he likes veggies, like eating veggies isnt 'beardie' enough LOL!!!!

falcor & tolkien wave hello and will have some new pics up soon! bye for now :wave:

pyrovamp

Hatchling Member
thats good that she is feeling better :blob5: :blob8: i think the south is just weird with things like all i can find are supes waixes mealworms and crickets though im alittle lucky cause i have a wholesale that is down the street from me that sells crickets in bulk like 200 for 3 dollars and same with supers and meal worms. anyways enough bout me south is just weird and im glad your baby girl is better and been her normal self again

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
I'm so glad Falcor's feet are healing well and she has calmed down with spring fever, and Tolkien, with his laid back personality is nice to see, it's amazing how different all beardies can be, isn't it?
Ollie, Pyrex, Bella, Gabby, Lincoln, Scarlett,and Mica say hello back to all of you! :wave:

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hello everyone, here are some pics of mr. tolkien and his brave, amazing adventure outside today...to the front of the house lol!!! he thinks he's a monkey. :lol:

you don't see me....i'm a ninja...
P07-27-11_1300.jpg

my amazing stealth climbing skillz....
P07-27-11_1317.jpg

P07-27-11_13002.jpg

P07-22-11_16181.jpg

P07-27-11_1318.jpg

i am one with the tree!
P07-22-11_16041.jpg

P07-22-11_1603.jpg

falcor says hello too :wave:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Great pics of Mr. Tolkien..........your a brave person to let him climb without a leash.....How high is the tree and how do you get him down............Well he's a handsome boy,...........he's gotta little Tarzan in him. :wink:
I'm moving tomorrow, so I'll be off line for a little while........All my clan says hello to Falcor and Tolkien!!!!!!!

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
not very high at all!!! its the camera angles that make it look like he's really high in the tree.
its a very small tree and i only let him get to a certain point and thats it. climbing time over.

also, tolkien is only around 16.5 inches in length and weighs 345 grams, he's about right on for his age.
camera makes him look bigger then he is!!!!

oh, and happy 2nd birthday to miss falcor!!! my girl is 2 years old now!!!! :)

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
good luck moving christine i know its a pain in the arse.

take care and i hope you and your beardie family have a safe trip! falcor and tolkien say hello to your beardies too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom