Blaze's Thread (Updated 7/7/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It's 77 degrees here today! I was going to take Blaze outside for some sun when I got home but a storm is blowing in and it's cloudy and windy now. Poo!

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Yesterday was a warm spot for us too! It was in the upper 70's so I figured I'd take Fiz out for his first trip outside. He was horrified. LOL. He was in my hand and then he grabbed my shirt, crawled up to my shoulder, and hid by my neck. LOL!

How's Blaze doing?

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
PumpkinJelly":1v006zk2 said:
How's Blaze doing?

Grumpy as grumpy can be. His face is shedding and his tail is gonna shed soon too. I just gave him a bath to help it along. Now he's munching on some dubias.

2012-02-24161107.jpg

2012-02-24161124.jpg

I tried to give him some crickets but it seems he's only interested in dubias and reptiworms now. Which is fine with me. I just wanted to get rid of the last of the crickets. I might just feed them to my chickens since Blaze is over them. He's had 20 reptiworms and 12 dubias so far today. :D

"I don't want that cricket!"
2012-02-24161922.jpg

Menolly07

Juvie Member
I am incapable of responding in regards to Blaze in any way but the following, please excuse me for my grammar and syntax. I am capable, as a writer, but am simply not able to write it differently. I apologize to any canines in advance:

Eeeeeeee! He's da cuetewst wittle THING! I wuv that wittle face! I'm gwad his wittle lip is getting betters! Poor little superman! Wittle lizards don't FLY silly thing! :love5: :love5:

Thank you for your time and kind attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
Menolly07

PS: Oh. My. SQUEE!!!!!

eternitylonger

Hatchling Member
Menolly07":7o4p0yir said:
I am incapable of responding in regards to Blaze in any way but the following, please excuse me for my grammar and syntax. I am capable, as a writer, but am simply not able to write it differently. I apologize to any canines in advance:

Eeeeeeee! He's da cuetewst wittle THING! I wuv that wittle face! I'm gwad his wittle lip is getting betters! Poor little superman! Wittle lizards don't FLY silly thing! :love5: :love5:

Sincerely,
Menolly07

That so deserves a "like"!

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Menolly07":30eccpjq said:

Sincerely,
Menolly07

OH MY GOSH THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD! LOLOLOL.

Blaze looks awesome! Poor baby, sorry about your shed Blaze! At least you'll be pretty after it's all gone :D Blaze has the sweetest face! Oh my gosh he's so cute! I love the pictures. He's adorable!

I'm SO lucky that my two didn't give up on crickets when I gave them phoenix worms. If they had, I don't know what I'd do because I'm not able to order more phoenix worms. LOL! I'm sure dubia and worms top crickets any day. He's so cute, he's just like "Are you kidding me? A cricket? You know me better. GET THE DUBIA BIN!". lolol. Chickens? You have chickens? That's really cool. Chickens are funny :D I didn't know chickens ate bugs. LOL!

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
PumpkinJelly":2iyju23a said:
I didn't know chickens ate bugs. LOL!

Lol. Chickens eat anything and everything they can fit in their mouths. Frogs, baby snakes, mice, bugs....everything! It's quite nasty actually.

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Menolly07":3en355fv said:

Sincerely,
Menolly07

:lol: That was great! :D

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm starting to think that Blaze hates me :(
Any time I try to hold him he jumps out of my hand and a few times he's landed on the hard plexiglass of his opened viv door. :shock:
I'm surprised he hasn't broken his lil neck yet.

What do I do to make him like me? Maybe he just needs more time...Tomorrow will be a week since I got him. I really want him to like me. Is this whole jumping thing normal???

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just figured out how to put 2 pics side by side of photobucket. Look how much Blaze has grown in a week! First pic is from last Sunday. Second is from 30 minutes ago.

2012-02-25202054-1.jpg

Menolly07

Juvie Member
I thought Odahviing hated me at first too. I just handled him a lot. Every day. I always speak softly to him before I scoop him from the front. I found having him on a heating pad on my lap did the best for bonding. He loves the heat do stays still. I pet him while he does and just keep with the gentle touching. I also sometimes just pet him in his viv, without taking him out. That way my hand isn't only there to man handle him. Repetitive gentle handling is always the best approach to try and settle an animal.

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I remodeled Blaze's viv today. I got sticks from the woods and washed and baked them at 300 degrees. Then I arranged them how I wanted and screwed them into place. Now he can go from his basking rock to his hammock and stay right up at the UVB bulbs! I also removed the river rocks since some of you thought they could be bad for him. I like the way it looks now without the rocks too.

Here's before and after pics.

2012-02-19165110.jpg

blazehouse.jpg

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow! I also just noticed his size difference in the two pics. The first one was taken one week ago today. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom