Blaze's Thread (Updated 7/7/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Dealing with a little bit of relocation stress. Food and baths seem to make it better. It's really not as bad as I thought it would be. He's not eating as much as I would like but he is eating. He's going through a few bites of greens, half a dozen dubias and a dozen or so crickets a day. I want him to grow up big and strong. He gets really dark and has stress marks a few times here and there but when I take him out of his viv and give him some kisses he seems to be a little better. I just wish he'd stop baby bearding me lol.

Pics from tonight.

Is it ok that I can see his ribs???
2012-02-21201431.jpg

2012-02-21201445.jpg

2012-02-21203043.jpg

2012-02-21203103.jpg

2012-02-21203123.jpg

2012-02-21203138.jpg

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No pics of Blaze this morning. He's a little grumpy. Stress marks like crazy and he's baby bearding me a lot. He's giving me the stink eye right now actually. The relocation stress has not affected his appetite this morning though. 5 dubias and over a dozen crickets. He started to go for his salad, he picked up a piece of mustard greens but spit it back out lol. Guess he figured he's had enough for now.

We both got to sleep in a little this morning. Yesterday I had to wake him up at 6am. This morning he was still cozy in his blankie at 8am.

Oh wow! He is a cute little guy. Cool name, blaze. And awesome enclosure!! Eating greens and drinking out his bowl already, well he's going to be a big boy if he keeps it up. I hope the eggs my female lays, survive and hatch, I want a little guy again. Ha!

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Newmanjtkd11":1d41hzic said:
Oh wow! He is a cute little guy. Cool name, blaze. And awesome enclosure!! Eating greens and drinking out his bowl already, well he's going to be a big boy if he keeps it up. I hope the eggs my female lays, survive and hatch, I want a little guy again. Ha!

Good luck with the eggs!

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
As you can see by his colors, Blaze is a grumpy butt. Funny how he had not one stress mark on him when we brought him home and now he's super stressed.

2012-02-22195925.jpg

2012-02-22195911.jpg

2012-02-22195904.jpg

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Blaze is a little cutie!! He doesn't have any stress marks in the photos above, he looks pretty happy with that nice white belly.. It's common for baby beardies to get stressed a lot, as the grow stress marks become less and less. When my female was a baby she would always beard at me, and then I noticed it was the way I was coming down at her in her cage to grab her. Now I always let her see my hand first and come at her from the front, she actually doesn't care at all now cause she trusts me. Maybe give it a try and see if it helps.

-Kaleen

eternitylonger

Hatchling Member
What exactly is baby bearding? Because if it is what I think it is my little Chloe has been doing that ever since I brought her home. When I go to get her out of her cage she will flatten her belly and puff he little beard out and will run when I go to get her out her cage. Is that her baby bearding? What can I do to get her to stop?

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Yes just watch how you approach when they r young they will do that more so approach slowly from the front and then pick him up and as they grow they will get used to it more because they will get used to you more

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I only approach from the front, never above. That's a rule for most animals and I've had/have lots of animals...around 70 at the present time to be exact.

eternitylonger, I call it baby bearding when a baby puffs up his beard at you. Just makes it sound cuter.

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Blaze has been eating his heart out today! I gradually worked him off of crickets and onto dubias. Today was all dubias and reptiworms. He had a total of 35 reptiworms and 12 dubias throughout the day! He's gonna grow up big and strong. And he ate some salad and baby bites! :blob5:

His tail is getting pretty whitish looking so that'll shed soon, and the tip of his nose.

He is one fat happy lil boy!

After dinner pic.
2012-02-23201804.jpg

Look at my beautiful baby!!!
2012-02-23201954.jpg

2012-02-23202001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom