Whats better than a Baby Beardie? 2 Babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:
Meet Athena (#4) and Persephone (#8)
theyrehere_zps5fb6f625.jpg

I always meant to start Dobby a thread and now its too late :cry: And my husband has just bought me these 2 beautiful babies from troyncindy on here :) They came with a colony of dubia, so if your looking for a baby beardie I'd def suggest checking out their ad in the for sale section on here :)

My hubby actually just pulled in, so let me go show off the babies to him, and stay tuned.. MANY more pics to come.

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks! Its killing me to leave them alone in the tank :( I keep checking on them, lol.

okay, back to pics!!! yay!
Their 1st bath, getting all warmed up.. my tub is stained, not dirty, i promise, and for some reason it looks worse in the pic than it rlly is, lol...
Bathtime_zpsd78da1e8.jpg

Then we got all dried off, and was all cuddled up.. yes in a mixing bowl, I kinda started opening the box b4 thinking, and found myself trying to figure out where to put one dragon while i got the other one out.. the mixing bowl was the 1st thing I seen, Cause I opened them on my kitchen table, lol..
Snuggles_zps7f0ccbbc.jpg

Then we tried to eat some dubia, but of course they hardly ate any, so I just left some in a bowl incase they get hungry (and I alrdy caugt Athena in the bowl, hee hee) And of course I put some fresh mustard greens in there, IDK which one got in them, but they def made a mess. :) Also within 2hrs of being here Persephone has shed the 8 off. Also yall dont freak, yes they are housed together atm, but Im building a 4x2x2 right now too... so not for too long, and Im monitoring them closely.. Ordered my reptisun 10.0 today, should be here by monday :) Anywho enough talk more pics!!!

Persephone Shedding..
perssheds_zpsa6407ac6.jpg

Persephone Hiding in the newspaper, lol...
pershiding_zps54e40904.jpg

fromabove_zpsb3d45b31.jpg

athpers_zps6ec4e055.jpg

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
troyncindy":bq8v8yaf said:
very nice, looks like you have been busy today. so glad they found a loving home.

Oh yes, but Ive enjoyed every moment of it, they found the hammock, and havent gotten down in a few hrs now, lol. Thanks again for these beautiful babies :) And yes they were absolutely adorable when I had them all wrapped up, I woulda cuddled them some more but figured they were probably hungry and I wanna give them time to settle in.

Hemilover77

Juvie Member
Everyone still settling in good ? Do they have you and hubby completely wrapped around their wittle toes ? :wink:

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Oh my goodness. They're SO tiny and adorable! I can't get over how cute they are!! :love5:
Congratulations on your new babies! :D

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So far so good :) Of course they arent eating as much as Id like yet. :( But we'll get there. I let them alone yesterday except when I put their greens and dubia in in the morning (the majority of which was still in the bowl at bedtime, I pet them and talked to them a bit. And when it was bedtime we got them out and cuddled and wrapped them up and put them to sleep (which is a bit more difficult with 2, lol) Persephones a bit more wired than Athena. Athena doesnt rlly have that much of a problem sitting still, shell try to "get away" for a little while, but after playing run thru my hands for a few mins she realizes she isnt getting anywhere and calms down. Persephone on the other hand wants to go go go, lol. And def doesnt like athena being out the cage and her in it by herself. I had persephone out for a few mins and sit her back in the cage and got Athena out, so Persephone decides to climb onto the basking spot and jump into the glass! then continued to do it again again, until I got her back out. So funny :D AS for the husband... I think he likes them :) He was holding Persephone and was watching videos on youtube, well, she took a flying leap onto the computer desk (a whole maybe 5 inches) and takes off! lol He freaked out! And I was holding Athena so basically all I could do was stand up and watch. But he caught her, she didnt get too far :lol: But it def freaked him out a bit. He put her back in the cage and looked at me a minute, and was like well check her.. I picked her up and shes fine... wondering how he thought a 5 inch jump and a maybe 12 inch dash would hurt her :D I dont think anyone who has had a baby beardie can say it didnt "get away" once, lol. When I had 1st got Dobby :cry: I had him on the bed with me and he took off and fell in the gap between the bed and side table next to it, I looked down (freaked out of course) and he was sitting there looking up at me, like what just happened :lol: But you learn to read their body signals, and can tell when they think they are going go somewhere and which way.
Im going to post some more pics on later today :) We got pics of some sexy leg!!!

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Mariah94":1klmzt59 said:
Congrats on the babies

I would suggest checking out this thread

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=154908&start=105

on the negative affects that come from housing beardies together.

:blob5:

More pics!

Thanks for your concern, I believe If you were to go and actually "read" the post with all the pictures you would see that Im building a 4x2x2 right now for them, also theres a thread in DIY and you can see the viv Im building, and what I intend to do with it.

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
And here comes the Sexy leg :laughhard:
somuchleg_zps92cc47b7.jpg

Athena found the hammock 1st, but Persephone had to get up there.. considering the sides their on, I think they was lookin at their pic I drew them, lol. Probably thinking, "ah mom.. I dont look like that, how you want me to be a people, Im a dragon!"
AthenaHammock_zpsa75c5450.jpg

PersHammock_zps2b632797.jpg

Athena waking up this morning.. I wrapped them up in one of my daughters old thermal shirts from last yr, I mean it looks comfy to me, lol..
athintherm_zps64870f77.jpg

Mariah94

Juvie Member
Onlymediocre":36k3u9j5 said:
Mariah94":36k3u9j5 said:
Congrats on the babies

More pics!

Thanks for your concern, I believe If you were to go and actually "read" the post with all the pictures you would see that Im building a 4x2x2 right now for them, also theres a thread in DIY and you can see the viv Im building, and what I intend to do with it.

My bad. I read that you were building one 4x2x2 not two

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Mariah94":2nj4joxt said:
Onlymediocre":2nj4joxt said:
Mariah94":2nj4joxt said:
Congrats on the babies

More pics!

My bad. I read that you were building one 4x2x2 not two

I am building one, but that would be way too large for a baby, so Ill be putting a divider in it for the time being giving them each 2x2x2 and then in the meantime while they grow Ill be building a 2nd one :) I understand ur concern, but were keeping a close eye on them now, and IF theres ANY sign of fighting well separate them, even if one lives in a storage tub for a few days lol. Trust me we want to keep all toes and tails intact :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom