Drachen and Treven updated 1/18/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fiancee and I bought Drachen on Saturday at 9am, I lost power due to Hurricane Irene on Sunday at 7am. I was worried about the lack of UV and heat so my fiancee and I cuddles with Drachen. Drachen started to eat from my hand and will actually crawl onto my hand now, I also put my shirt I was wearing that into the tank for warmth at night. Now Drachen only wants to sleep on my shirts so I put 2 in the tank permanently. I got power back today at 3:30pm so it was a pretty good first 4 days.

Cuddling on my fiancee:
Drachen-1.jpg

Drachen-2.jpg

Kiddie Pool Time:
Drachen-3.jpg

Drachen-4.jpg

Power is Back On:
Drachen-7.jpg

Drachen-8.jpg

Drachen-9.jpg

Favorite Pics from Monday with my high quality lens:
Drachen-5.jpg

Drachen-6.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Omg Drachen is so cute!

How great that you got a chance to bond with him! :D

-Brandon

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Brandon,

My fiancee and I fell in love with the colors in the store and they stand out so nicely in the UV.

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah I am a new owner so I am kinda picture happy. Finally took the time to measure Drachen today from tip to tip 5.7". Drachen looks so tiny in my hand.

Bitches ain't calling(I think he misses my fiancee she is helping her parents in Jersey after Hurricane):
Drachen-10.jpg

I like laying in this big meaty hand and it smells like the shirts I sleep on yay!:
Drachen-11.jpg

Drachen-12.jpg

Drachen-13.jpg

Drachen-14.jpg

Drachen-15.jpg

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah I admired those colors for a whole week in the store while I waited to buy Drachen. The reason those pics happened is cause I was worried about the stomach spots, but found out they are normal with stress.

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sorry I keep bumping this and posting pics, but Drachen was being annoying and not sleeping and by annoying I mean cute. Kept saying "dad I don't want to sleep play with me!" So I read to Drachen a bit it seems the Odyssey doesn't only help me sleep, but here are measurement pics and a back color pic.
Drachen-16.jpg

Drachen-17.jpg

Drachen-18.jpg

zooeymama

Hatchling Member
Oh wow he is sooo gorgeous! His coloring rocks! I can't get my little dude to sit still to measure. It's a pain. lol

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drachen is so lazy and will lie still a lot unless I actively play with him. He loves to just cuddle and relax. I purposely bought one of the calmer dragons since I am at school much of the day and cannot spend as much time as I would like with them. Drachen is definitely spoiled and gets plenty of play time between me and my fiancee.

zooeymama

Hatchling Member
Nikko will bask all day if I let him. But he really revs up after bath time. And anytime I take him out he just runsssssss and he's a jumper to so we have to be careful. I thought that was normal - but I guess it's a temperament thing. haha Great. :p

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hehe they will all have their own temperaments it seems though some will have a bunch of traits or acts in common. I heard that incubating them at lower temps will make them very mildly mannered more so than other dragons so maybe Drachen is just one of those. When we take him out he will look around and then walk or run a bit on whatever surface I put him. I always am careful so he doesn't fall, but he doesn't seem interested in jumping most times.

Treker

Wow, Drachen has some Crayola orange going on there, not to mention a fighting spirit for staying chill in the face of Irene and the outage. A sign of good temperament no doubt.

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah was definitely a trooper putting up with the storm although he just enjoyed being in the kiddie pool when weather got nicer Monday and Tuesday. I am glad I at least got him to eat during that hardship. I hope the colors will start to come out a little more as he grows cause as you can see he is like 2.75'' from nose to vent he is tiny.

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Woke up today to find out classes were cancelled and spend the day with Drachen, like every morning first thing I did was get some fresh kale for him and I deskinned and cut up a few grapes. The moment I placed it back in the viv he attacked it. Then we took a bath together and he ate pretty nicely for me. I decided to go out looking for Reptiworms or Phoenix Worms at my local reptile store, but they stopped selling Phoenix Worms so I ordered some Reptiworms for him. He started to eat more consistently today, though still in small amounts he's fed 3 times so far today each time about 6-8 crickets. One more feeding in about a 2 hours then some cuddle and digestion time before lights out. I am hoping he likes the worms so I can leave a few in tank while I am at school during the day.

Woot more pictures, used multiple lighting sources so a few pictures are darker and a few really show Drachen's colors.

Hey Dad where did my cricket go?
Drachen-19.jpg

Drachen-20.jpg

Drachen-21.jpg

Drachen-22.jpg

Drachen-24.jpg

Drachen-25.jpg

Hey dad look it's me on that big bright thingy!
Drachen-27.jpg

Drachen-28.jpg

Drachen-29.jpg

Drachen-30.jpg

Perhaps my new favorite picutre great depth:
Drachen-23.jpg

zooeymama

Hatchling Member
Such great pictures! I really love his color and detail! Oh my gosh I can't tell you how many times Nikko chomps at a cricket and it ends up on his beard. bwahaha! I am so jealous that D eats vegetarian anything! I cannot get N to eat a stitch of it. He mostly ignore the reptiworms and prefers crickets. good grief. :| I would really rather deal with the worms personally. Tiny container, they don't smell...but so far Nikko wants crickets. Ahhh lol! I think it doesn't help he's shedding fierce right now and doesn't feel so hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom