The Life of Saphira! New viv pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to make a topic about Saphira and her life as she grows up, and a place to put all the pictures i take!

First things first, i finally finished her permanent Viv! Was given somemoney for my birthday so i went shopping for some stuff to fill up the space.

Her viv is a 4'x2'x2', made out of melamine (got the plans from crossfiredragons).

Enough talk tho, heres the pics!

Heres the entire viv:

It has sliding glass doors, i personally hated trying to reach down into something.
IMG_3494.jpg

On the left side i have a thermometer that measures her basking temp:
_MG_3501.jpg

And on the right is the thermometer for the cool side:
_MG_3500.jpg

On the hot side of the tank i have a little stick that leads to a stone structure thingy, which leads to her hammock, and her log is under that and has a blanket for her to sleep on:
IMG_3505.jpg

In the middle i made a little rock wall that has a small cave in the center, got those from my garden and yes they were sterilized and baked in the oven, and then her veggie dish and water dish are in the middle as well:
IMG_3506.jpg

Then on her coolside i have another little cave with some fake leaves around it, she seems to like to climb on the leaves lol, also i put a dragon statue in the other corner, i thought it looked cool lol.
IMG_3504.jpg

Well thats it for now! ill be sure to add more pictures as i take them! Hope you Enjoyed the grand tour!

Backlash

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Quick Update:
So i woke up this morning to saphira exploring her new viv! i was a little concerned earlier because all she did was bask all day, but i geuss she likes the bigger area with more fun stuff to do! She was checking out her new dragon statue, ended up laying down ontop of its head, then explored all her caves, climbed the leaves a little, then went rock climbing! I think she wore herself out because now shes curled up under her log with the blanket lol.

I wish i had my camera out for all of this but i was so tired from just waking up that all i could do is watch and go "awww shes so cute" lol

Ill be sure to grab some pictures this afternoon!

Backlash

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well i decided saphira needed a bath, she looked like it was about time to shed, so i wanted to make sure it was a nice and easy one, and i was able to remember the camera as well!

"uhm, a little privacy here!"
IMG_3509.jpg

"im scared, can i hold your hand daddy?"
IMG_3508.jpg

"are we done yet?!?!"
IMG_3507.jpg

*snuggle* "mmm nice and warm"
IMG_3513.jpg

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
Can't wait to see how that precious baby develops :love5:

Keep us updated :) and check out Saharas thread in my signature ;)

Backlash

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I am still looking for something for the back wall above the rock wall, right now it looks a little empty to me. so if anyone has any suggestions it would help out alot!!

Also, i decided to weigh and measure saphira today, she is exactly 10 inches long and weighs just about 50 grams! She grew a little over an inch since i got her a week ago!

I cant wait till she sheds again, she seems to be a getting a little grumpy as the shedding comes along, she must be pretty uncomfortable lol.

Backlash

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks alot! If you are looking into getting a new tank, try googling crossfiredragons, they have plans for the viv i am using, and its not too hard to make either, PLUS its cheaper to make it than any thing that you are going to buy, atleast at this size.

Backlash

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So it definetly was an interesting morning, saphira is getting alot more active in her new viv, she must be adjusting pretty well to the big change, last night i finally got to Lowes and had some slate tile cut down for her substrate and installed that when i got home. She was curled up under her basking spot but luckily still awake, so i placed her on her hammock while i placed the tile down and she curled up against the wall lol.

This morning she was a little hesitant at first when coming out from her log, the tile must have surprised her but she soon got over it, and after a harty meal of a couple dozen crickets and collard greens she ran around her viv! Heres some pics!

"Pika Boo i see you!"
_MG_3523.jpg

"Im gonna get strong like you dad!"
_MG_3516.jpg

"Do i hafta eat it?"
_MG_3518.jpg

"Can i come out and play? PLEASE!" (she came out and played)
_MG_3524.jpg

Now this cracked me up, she hadnt pooped in a day or so and i was getting kind of worried, but then i saw her doing this:
IMG_3531.jpg

She pooped behind her rock wall! She just had to pick the hardest place to clean to do her business lol!

Then of course she had to squeeze her way out from behind it lol
IMG_3532.jpg

Then she ran and hid under her log because i took pictures of her poopin and she was embarrassed.
IMG_3535.jpg

She eventually came out after i left the room lol.

But all is good in Saphira world, still waiting on her first official shed with me, and you all will be the first to know!

Until next time, Saphira sends her love.

--Sean

Backlash

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So Saphira is definetly getting grumpy because of her shedding, shes been hiding in her log off and on all day, and is not eating any of her veggies. She did eat 5 dozen crickets tho, just no greens. Im just hoping that she gets rid of this shed soon, its upsetting to see her all depressed and uncomfortable :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom