Syringe w/water orally for hydrating. Aspiration concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Oh, Sherri, I hope you dont think I was being critical in my last post - typing that post made me smile coz it reminds me of what a strong little man I have - he loves chewing the syringes - he seems to know that good things are coming out of them and cant wait for me to squirt a little more in. I do the whole squirt a little at his gums routine, but as soon as he starts licking, he starts biting at the syringe as well - I think hes determined to tell me that he wants something more solid in his diet lol!

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Awww, MissT! Now way did I think you were being critical :mrgreen: Actually, I thought we were just *talking* LOLOL

I have been reading all about Kazi and I know how hard you are working...If effort and love counts for anything he is one blessed beardie in that sense :)

I understand that he can not have his real wiggly food and salad right now and that must frustrate him, but when he is better all of this will be a thing of the past.

Strange, but I think Razz was getting...for lack of a better word, *unsettled* with the soy yogurt as well! At first he LOVED it, gobbled it up, but *something* just did not seem right after about 2 weeks of it and I stopped even though he was still on meds. Seemed to help. He got a little more active and some other little things seemed better as well. I do not think it took 2 weeks for the yogurt to help, I think after 2 weeks something was wrong about it. JMHO! I will not give soy yogurt again.

I ordered the acidopoliz from Tracie as well as the liquid calcium and he has only been on it a few days so we shall see if it helps better.

Is Kazi taking bee pollen? Tracie told me to order it for Razz to help his system. Wonder if it is something that would/could help Kazi? Will he be going in for an xray soon?

I just wanted to mention the spoon thing for others who will read this in case they are having trouble with the syringes LOL

Sherri

MissT

BD.org Addict
Haha, i really was just 'talking' hehe - it seems iv been doing a lot of that on here recently - I didnt realise how much I missed being around on the forums and I think I have been having random rambles on just about everyones threads!

I usually use the acidophilus - it is great and my beardies LOVE it - but the bottle I have is out of date - I will be ordering some from Tracie tomoro and hope it makes it to this side of the pond quickly. Hes not taking bee pollen at the moment - im still trying to get it - again, its impossible to source over here but he is taking vitamin b complex to help with the anemia. I have a full shopping list written out for tomoro - acidophilus, brewers yeast, bee pollen, silkworms, butterworms, calcium worms, temporary probiotics until the acidophilus gets here and liquid calcium for my little Huff! I cant believe how much of my beardie first aid kit got lost or damaged when we moved house!

Hopefully the vet will be phoning tomoro with the results of his mouth culture and then we will be making another appointment to discuss treatments, possibly have an x-ray and to re-take his blood. Im just trying to build him up as much as possible in the mean time!

Spoons are also wonderful things - Kazi does love having things on a spoon. Phoebe tries to eat the spoons - thankfully those plastic baby spoons are quite tough!!

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi MissT :)
About the bee pollen...if you want some I will order it and have it sent to me and I will send it off to you, no problem! Way easier than you trying to get a hold of it *over there* lol.

Let me know and pm me if you would like to do this, really, it is no problem and it is not expensive either, and the shipping charges to me are next to nothing and don't worry about the shipping to you, I just like to see healthy beardies :D

MissT

BD.org Addict
Thanks Sherri - I have one more store to try tomoro but if they dont have it, I might just take you up on that offer hehe!

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Wow, I feel terrible as I had never realised that this could happen. I give Nemesis water via syringe at least twice a week. She does very well with the syringe. I was always under the impression that aspiration happened when water got up the nose :oops: I read from a few breeders that this was how they kept their beardies hydrated....now you all have me worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom