Zero's enclosure

taliasharon

Beardie name(s)
Zero
Well, i wrote in the profile that zero has a 55 gallon tank (based on BF's 'i guess it is 55 gal' not much help), after i measured it seems it's 40 or maybe 30 if they exist? i did it again after a week, the calculations i'm getting different numbers. he's about 5 years old, an adult and i think he needs larger than 40. any thoughts? i think he's ok in there, but i hope that i am able to cooperatively build a new enclosure! something larger. i also think he needs a larger hiding spot, since he is an adult size, he is not fully covered by the half trunk that BF has had in there for years. at least he has some version of a hiding spot.. i hope to DIY one for him. any thoughts on the measurements of a good sized cave? thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well, i wrote in the profile that zero has a 55 gallon tank (based on BF's 'i guess it is 55 gal' not much help), after i measured it seems it's 40 or maybe 30 if they exist? i did it again after a week, the calculations i'm getting different numbers. he's about 5 years old, an adult and i think he needs larger than 40. any thoughts? i think he's ok in there, but i hope that i am able to cooperatively build a new enclosure! something larger. i also think he needs a larger hiding spot, since he is an adult size, he is not fully covered by the half trunk that BF has had in there for years. at least he has some version of a hiding spot.. i hope to DIY one for him. any thoughts on the measurements of a good sized cave? thanks!
He needs a 120 gallon tank -- 4x2x2-- you can look on dubiaroaches.com for a X large hide made by Exo Terra- they also sell tanks but other sites have them as well -- Zen Habitats are good tanks - symptonbsf.com sells them too -- I have some other sites if you want them

jabda

Hatchling Member
48x24x24 is what I built.
He's 22+ins. & close to 600grams

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 59

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He doesn't need a 4x2x2 or a 120g tank. A 40g breeder tank has long been agreed upon to be the minimum size required for an adult dragon. A 40g breeder is 36x18x18''.

What are the dimensions of your tank? (height x width x length)

but i hope that i am able to cooperatively build a new enclosure! something larger.
If you have the space and ability, a larger tank is always a nice luxury. Check out the DIY section of this site, lots of builds and pictures :)

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
48x24x24 is what I built.
He's 22+ins. & close to 600grams
Tank is good then - good weight and length- the UVB looks too far from him tho- you need a piece of basking decor directly under it approx 12-15 inches I would go for 13-14 -- and the basking light I cant see one of them is it a solid clear bright white one? I see the coil one

taliasharon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zero
He needs a 120 gallon tank -- 4x2x2-- you can look on dubiaroaches.com for a X large hide made by Exo Terra- they also sell tanks but other sites have them as well -- Zen Habitats are good tanks - symptonbsf.com sells them too -- I have some other sites if you want them
he has had 40 gallons for years!! i'm sad thinking of that. thanks, i hope to get him in a larger one soon.

jabda

Hatchling Member
Tank is good then - good weight and length- the UVB looks too far from him tho- you need a piece of basking decor directly under it approx 12-15 inches I would go for 13-14 -- and the basking light I cant see one of them is it a solid clear bright white one? I see the coil one
no coiled light...solid clear white.
There's (2) basking lights one on each end in the event I split it tank.
Not finished with the decor, can't find what I like.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
no coiled light...solid clear white.
There's (2) basking lights one on each end in the event I split it tank.
Not finished with the decor, can't find what I like.
You need a cool side of the tank so he can go to cool off 80'ish

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Moderator Note:

Lets not hijack the OP's thread. If you need advice on your own setup, either take it to private message or create your own thread. It gets confusing for others when multiple people are asking questions and getting advice on one thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom