Yellow Fungal Disease - Peeling?

drekiaa

Hi everyone!

My beardie went to the vet the other day for what was confirmed as YF. We got an oral medication, and today is only day 3. It's peeling off like this, but the vet said it could take up to 6 months to fully clear up. Is it meant to peel like this, so hopefully it's a good sign?

IMG_20231212_184521377.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How did the vet confirm YF? Usually fungal scrapes are very expensive tests. That doesn't visually look like Yellow Fungus.

Do you have a picture of it before the peeling?

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I've seen Y.F. that looks a little bit like a cross between a patch of shed and something like this, I'll try to find the pics . I'm not sure that this is Y.F. either but it MIGHT be. Just wondering, did you put fungal cream on it, it looks like it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let us know how that area is looking. As suggested, you can treat the area with an anti-fungal cream,
or even silver gel either one.
I don't think it's yellow fungus though, but you can keep an eye on it just in case.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom