Will my beardies get bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessiekato

I recently adopted a male and female bearded dragon. The beardies were being mistrated by their previous owners (not fed on a regular basis and insufficient heat and lighting) and are actually quite small for their age. My male dragon is about 12 inches in length and 3 years old and my female is about 6 inches in length and 14 months old. I notices that the dragons are now pretty healthy and lively since I've had them and put them on a regular schedule for lighting/feeding :D . Since I've read that my dragons should have already met sexual maturity, is it possible for my dragons to continue growing or do they stop growing after sexual maturity?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
They may be stunted for life. There is a period for growth on all living creatures if there is something that prohibits growth during this stage then it is lost. Along with other animals who have been neglected they may need special care. Personally I would suggest getting to know them very well. Keeping track of almost everything you can find time for or devote to. I am not trying to startle or scare you but, there is a blind truth here. Knowing is half the battle. If you know what you feed, how much you feed, periodic weights, bathing charts etc.. it may be easier to treat any onset health issues later on in their lives. I definitely hope there will be none and I wish you all the luck in the world that nothing adverse arises. I want to provide you with knowledge so you can go forward and never backwards. If that makes sense. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom