Where to place uvb

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hi! I have got a lot of advice to move my little guys uvb into his cage so I make sure he’s getting enough but I was wondering, if the placement matters he’s in a 75 gal (48”x18” 21”deep) I was thinking of getting some little acrylic shelves and having them on either side of the uvb thing so it will hold it there (not coving the uvb just there the hold either end. Or if it should be hung in the middle, because I don’t really know how I would do it that way.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! I have got a lot of advice to move my little guys uvb into his cage so I make sure he’s getting enough but I was wondering, if the placement matters he’s in a 75 gal (48”x18” 21”deep) I was thinking of getting some little acrylic shelves and having them on either side of the uvb thing so it will hold it there (not coving the uvb just there the hold either end. Or if it should be hung in the middle, because I don’t really know how I would do it that way.
Its best to keep it off the back wall--- what is the brand and bulb please so I can help you get it properly distanced

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Its best to keep it off the back wall--- what is the brand and bulb please so I can help you get it properly distanced
I’ll hopefully be getting a t5 soon, I know the t8 aren’t the best option

Attachments

• 7A075C33-3FE4-450A-BAE1-73C67B3FC6F8.jpg
    7A075C33-3FE4-450A-BAE1-73C67B3FC6F8.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 57

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hey, I moved his uvb inside today!!! @KarrieRee

Attachments

• 60AA3567-4E90-4B28-AF1D-70488619D70E.jpeg
    60AA3567-4E90-4B28-AF1D-70488619D70E.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 79
  • D89D5261-58E2-44A8-98B2-76A6A3513DF8.jpeg
    D89D5261-58E2-44A8-98B2-76A6A3513DF8.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 70

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Wow that was a really clever way to mount that, i may have to copy from you 😁
I wasn't sure what you meant from the text, but as soon as i saw it, it made perfect sense 👌

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
i was about to ask this, i have the same bulb and fixture, mines on top of the screen because if i put it in the screen im afraid it would to to close to her, also am i supposed to have it in the middle or directly over her?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
i was about to ask this, i have the same bulb and fixture, mines on top of the screen because if i put it in the screen im afraid it would to to close to her, also am i supposed to have it in the middle or directly over her?
If the screen is a wide hole type it can stay on top 8-10 inches directly over the basking decor- if its a fine mesh screen like a screen door it needs to go inside directly over the basking decor piece 12-15 inches -- if you cannot get it in the same area as the basking bulb set it as close as you can and get it so the dragon can sit directly under it -- NO back walls - it needs to sit off the back wall

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I see it - is there anyway you can pull it out from the back wall towards the middle ? Doesn't need to be far- and the distance it's over the decor pieces is?
I mean I could try but I would be worried about his basking bulb melting the uvb, and I don’t think the way it’s secured now would work and I’m not sure how else to do that

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I mean I could try but I would be worried about his basking bulb melting the uvb, and I don’t think the way it’s secured now would work and I’m not sure how else to do that
Pull the basking bulb forward place the UVB behind it - you can use long plastic zip ties--- fishing line -- picture wire hangers or 3 M Velcro fasteners

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom