What is this mass and injury?

JustaQuery

Original Poster
Hi,

Just looking for opinions on what this mass on the belly may be.
She was taken a vet at the end of the week who has removed a cyst from the darker part.

We have also since noted the bloodied area on the side, with the missing scale.
There is another area like this on her back and behind the rear leg.

I do apologise for the blurriness of the photo's, the camera did not focus properly.
The photo's were also scaled down to be uploaded.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20231105_164801 (Large).jpg
    20231105_164801 (Large).jpg
    86 KB · Views: 50
  • 20231105_164805 (Large).jpg
    20231105_164805 (Large).jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20231105_164816 (Large).jpg
    20231105_164816 (Large).jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20231105_164820 (Large).jpg
    20231105_164820 (Large).jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi,

Just looking for opinions on what this mass on the belly may be.
She was taken a vet at the end of the week who has removed a cyst from the darker part.

We have also since noted the bloodied area on the side, with the missing scale.
There is another area like this on her back and behind the rear leg.

I do apologise for the blurriness of the photo's, the camera did not focus properly.
The photo's were also scaled down to be uploaded.

Thanks.
Those look like burn marks but I am not positive -- I need AHBD to take a look and advise -- do you a heat rock in the tank? What about your basking bulb how far away is it from the decor piece she sits on?
@AHBD
@Drache613
@CooperDragon

Last edited:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't know, never seen anything like this. At first I thought the orange areas were iodine on little wounds but you say it's blood ? Maybe flag Drache, Cooper or Claudius to see if anyone can come up with possible answers..

JustaQuery

Original Poster
I don't know, never seen anything like this. At first I thought the orange areas were iodine on little wounds but you say it's blood ? Maybe flag Drache, Cooper or Claudius to see if anyone can come up with possible answers..
I can't say for certain it is blood, that's what I thought it may be based on the colour.

There isn't a heat rock in the tank, though a rock does sit on a heat mat.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I can't say for certain it is blood, that's what I thought it may be based on the colour.

There isn't a heat rock in the tank, though a rock does sit on a heat mat.
Please take the heat mat out- dragons heat from their backs - if you need heat at night please get a che ceramic heat emitter - temps in the tank at night should be 65-75 ambient

JustaQuery

Original Poster
Please take the heat mat out- dragons heat from their backs - if you need heat at night please get a che ceramic heat emitter - temps in the tank at night should be 65-75 ambient
Hey Mate,

Just to be clarify, the bearded isn't mine. I'm posting on behalf of a family member. From my understanding they were recommended to install this by the location she was bought from.

It is an Australian Pygmy bearded dragon, which to my understanding do prefer a higher temperature. There was a ceramic heat emitter in the tank, which was temperature controlled. The heat mat may have been removed by this time, it was installed temporarily during winter as a short term fix as wasn't maintaining at its set levels.

What can be seen in the photos did appear quite suddenly

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
JQ can you ask your relative if that's blood or iodine, I'm wondering if those spots are all smaller versions of the mass that was removed. Some type of abscesses or cysts. Ask them if the vet did a biopsy to see what the mass was. It's nice that you're looking out for the little dragon, hopefully some answers will be found about the situation. :)

Spider8ait1994

Hatchling Member
Hey Mate,

Just to be clarify, the bearded isn't mine. I'm posting on behalf of a family member. From my understanding they were recommended to install this by the location she was bought from.

It is an Australian Pygmy bearded dragon, which to my understanding do prefer a higher temperature. There was a ceramic heat emitter in the tank, which was temperature controlled. The heat mat may have been removed by this time, it was installed temporarily during winter as a short term fix as wasn't maintaining at its set levels.

What can be seen in the photos did appear quite suddenly
If they’re still having difficulty maintaining the temperature over winter I would try putting in a higher wattage heat emitter bulb to just use in the winter and if needed you can use an insulation foam panel to block off a portion of the enclosure over the winter to lessen the area that needs heating. I do this with my dragons because they brumate over winter so I can get away with the smaller in use area of their enclosure and it noticeably boosts the temperatures

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That looks more like iodine stains but definitely ask your family member about that.
Did the other areas crop up after the initial removal of the cyst?
I would closely monitor all suspicious areas daily & consider using some raw unpasteurized
honey on the areas at night, too.
That's very nice of you to watch their dragon for them!

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom