What is going on with my beardie??

zonkey

Original Poster
Yesterday, my beardie pooped in her enclosure, and she immediately started going crazy, just restless, climbing up and down stuff. I cleaned up the poop shortly after that and she seemed to calm down. Today, she pooped a tiny bit, I cleaned it up immediately, and she still just has been going wild. She’ll chill out for a bit and bask, but then she’ll start climbing all over like she’s restless. I gave her a bath a few hours ago. She just now, climbed to the highest point in her tank, pooped a tiny bit of just white juice (???) and is now looking outside the tank and acting like she wants out. Is something wrong? Is it just the poop? Does she just want out? Is something else bothering her in her tank? I had sprinkled some of that bee pollen on her salad. I don’t know I’m just trying to go through what it might be.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yesterday, my beardie pooped in her enclosure, and she immediately started going crazy, just restless, climbing up and down stuff. I cleaned up the poop shortly after that and she seemed to calm down. Today, she pooped a tiny bit, I cleaned it up immediately, and she still just has been going wild. She’ll chill out for a bit and bask, but then she’ll start climbing all over like she’s restless. I gave her a bath a few hours ago. She just now, climbed to the highest point in her tank, pooped a tiny bit of just white juice (???) and is now looking outside the tank and acting like she wants out. Is something wrong? Is it just the poop? Does she just want out? Is something else bothering her in her tank? I had sprinkled some of that bee pollen on her salad. I don’t know I’m just trying to go through what it might be.
Normal behavior- for some reason they get the zoomies after going poop-- white juice is urate

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Unruley, excitable, won't sit still.
In general being a holy terror. Also loss of appetite. That is Ruby everytime she's gravid. She doesn't start digging until she is actually ready to lay though. Once she starts digging I usually get eggs in hours not days. Sweet Pea was similar as well, but she wasn't as energetic as Ruby.

zonkey

Original Poster
Unruley, excitable, won't sit still.
In general being a holy terror. Also loss of appetite. That is Ruby everytime she's gravid. She doesn't start digging until she is actually ready to lay though. Once she starts digging I usually get eggs in hours not days. Sweet Pea was similar as well, but she wasn't as energetic as Ruby.

That makes sense— yes my girl the past 3 days now has just been so restless,running around and climbing and today started glass surfing on top of that. I’m worried about eggbinding as my girl is a rescue with MBD. What can I do to help her? I have a dig box but she just glass surfs in there too. I do need to get better substrate for it though,,,

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Egg binding is one of those scarey things that gets passed around like tail rot or yellow fungus. Yes it can happen, but i think it's pretty rare. Both of my girls that have laid are rescues and came to me in horrible condition. Ruby was paralyzed in her hind legs, she couldn't even get out of her poop when she pottied. With work I've got her walking (albeit disjointedly) she has had 4 clutches in 2 years with no issues. Sweet Pea has had 1 so far but no issues. Stay on top off lighting and nutrition and she will most likely be just fine.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Oh it takes Ruby about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks to lay after she starts going nuts. Her appetite drops off a little before that.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom