what am i doing wrong wit my beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

slipknot777

Original Poster
that sounds great but am using 18in tubes and holder. Thats four feet it would work if i replace the 20gal to a 40gal. But i dunno there like 90 bucks. I wanted to get the length of your tanks with the repitsun. I use 18inch ones because they hag out in the same place most of the time. I like another idea i got also amd that was mvb that doesnt have to be replaced every 6 months. But my drawback is they have a high uvb output and didn't know if thats good for elderly beardies. Thanks friend

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
The mvb's are great for beardies at any age. My beardie is going on 6 yrs old and I just started using the megaray mvb 4 months ago. My beardie has never been happier.

With the mvb's though...your enclosure has to be at minimum a 40 gallon breeder tank. The minimum distance from bulb to basking spot is 12" with a 100 watt and 18" with a 160 watt. With a 40 gal breeder you would want the 100 watt. The mvb's are double the price of the fluorescent uvb's, but as mentioned only need to be changed every 12 months.

slipknot777

Original Poster
i don't care about that there double the price my man are worth it and should have the best I can do with the mistakes i done. My man are 8 and 9 years old. Or i hope they are males. Now i have a problem if i go with the megaray with a regular 40 gal. Not a good idea then but thats kool your beardie is happyer i wish a change would do just that.

slipknot777

Original Poster
I thank you for the offer but i have seen the megaray website and like that blub. I want to get one for my green iguana also but my problem is a credit card and my bank can't give me a debit card for a reason i dont understand. I need the repitsun for spotty cause hes in a 20gal. And i may not use the megaray cause my tank is not a breeder tank. But i do thank u for the offer and am researching the problem so they got working uvb or sunlight. I had them outside for a while in a screen cage and grass. Till it got windy and slightly cold. So ya am tryin to help them gain some weight. But thank u friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom