Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I ended up taking my male for a routine vet appointment last month (he had stuck shed the vet got off as well) hes about 700Grams and I feed him insects every other day hes not a big salad guy its there but rarely eats it so hes eating basically just crickets which I wanna switch to dubias but its expensive atm anyways the vet wasnt alarmed at his weight my only fear is is that hes gonna be overweight hes ALWAYS been a chubby dragon (his name is Chubbs for a reason) if hes only eating insects every other day and no greens/salads/veggies/fruits ect he will be overweight is there any way I can do both insects and veggies or a supplement I can use and replace the veggies ect with it? I tried salad dressing but was a no go

Any advice is appreciated

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Try getting him some large BSFL to draw him to the salad bowl and cut back on the dubias - he is overweight - feed only salads and a few BSFL DO NOT dust them - they are a good staple feeder but you want him to drop some grams - good way is to get him out of his tank and let him run your LR floor or outside on a leash so you dont loose him - they will get under stuff you wont be able to get to him so watch him outside for sure -- NO pets in the house or locked up so they cant get to him -- exercise every day or every other will get him to drop grams -- you can also use horn worms to lure him to the salad bowl I was going to mention supers but they are too fattening for him --

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":17ygilkg said:
Try getting him some large BSFL to draw him to the salad bowl and cut back on the dubias - he is overweight - feed only salads and a few BSFL DO NOT dust them - they are a good staple feeder but you want him to drop some grams - good way is to get him out of his tank and let him run your LR floor or outside on a leash so you dont loose him - they will get under stuff you wont be able to get to him so watch him outside for sure -- NO pets in the house or locked up so they cant get to him -- exercise every day or every other will get him to drop grams -- you can also use horn worms to lure him to the salad bowl I was going to mention supers but they are too fattening for him --
Sorry not sure why I'm just seeing this reply im giving him dubias no more crickets no superworms I switched to butter worms and salad I would walk him outside on my lawn but I'm afraid of what he may catch we got bunnies dogs and the occasional opossum and skunks so no idea what he could catch I'm feeding roaches 2-3 times a week atm they range from 1/2-3/4 inches was the only sizes in stock sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom