We need to talk....

So I had to go into the office yesterday (yes, I really work- go figure) but I basically stripped the room down and left Rocky in the catbed. Rocky was "brumating"- I swept, vacuumed everything should he wake up. At this point I know Rocky's habits by now during this time and didn't give him a bath so I knew that he wouldn't be up for the next 2 days. At most Rocky will peek at the sun through the slit in the blinds, notice me but he wont move other than to lift his head or cover himself.

I pulled my clothing to check for any strings, etc. Of course, I already did this but you never know. I wasn't planning to stay in the office long but you just never know, plus I have to factor my commute, etc. Every minute counts. I could've put him in the enclosure but it's 5am!

So, when I returned after a long, stressful day (only because I missed Rocky)- the longest that we've ever been apart. 4 hours tops. Do you know that he came to the opening of his cat bed looking for me? OMG my heart melted. He was in the catbed still but he was facing towards the door (as if he was a dog) with his eyes closed "brumating." He was in the opening of the bed, a spot he doesnt sit in. We all know that I check on him 900000 times a day. I don't say anything to him but obviously he's used to seeing/feeling me near. I didn't cut the TV on because I haven't been doing so but I left it on the next room thinking that would create noise aka normalcy. There's no tricking him!

So as soon as I checked on him, Rocky went back to the side, you know, "his spot" of the catbed and resumed sleeping like normal...again, he was already sleeping but it was his comfort sleep if that makes sense- like he was secure.
I then saw him crack his eye just a little.
He was happy- His colors brightened even more- I said, "Rocky I am here"- I pet him (which I don't do in this phase but I couldn't help it). I didn't have time to grab the camera.
Aww tears are coming to my eyes, I am such a baby.
ALTHOUGH I DIDN'T CRY YESTERDAY-
Okay, I will end this but when I tell you that it made my day?!
(I did have a moment a think....wait? Did he just run from me)

At this point, I seriously think that all I need is a stuffed animal because he does NOTHING absolutely NOTHING and I am like AWWWWWWW OHHHHHHH WOW and it's ridiculous!

Holds head in shames and exits!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It's amazing to see people react to beardies, most of us never thought of ourselves as reptile people till we discovered beardies, but after we do we just can't understand how the rest of the world do get it 🙂

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom