Watery bearded dragon eye!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys my beardie Chubbs is shedding and she had a bunch of shed around her eyes and I got it off with a simple bath and she rubbed on EVERYTHING. So her right eye is completely done shedding her left eye has a tiny itty bitty piece left. Her right eye is watery (more than normal) sorta like she is crying and I got this giant natural hide and it seems to be shedding pieces more and more every day which may explain her watery eye. How could I clean her right eye out? Bath day is tomorrow so she will soak for a bit and i cleaned her tank today and swept all the hide and shed skin out of her enclosure. It's strangely just her right eye not both that's watery and I did look for solution but the eye drops or saline I seen wasn't safe so I didn't buy it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys my beardie Chubbs is shedding and she had a bunch of shed around her eyes and I got it off with a simple bath and she rubbed on EVERYTHING. So her right eye is completely done shedding her left eye has a tiny itty bitty piece left. Her right eye is watery (more than normal) sorta like she is crying and I got this giant natural hide and it seems to be shedding pieces more and more every day which may explain her watery eye. How could I clean her right eye out? Bath day is tomorrow so she will soak for a bit and i cleaned her tank today and swept all the hide and shed skin out of her enclosure. It's strangely just her right eye not both that's watery and I did look for solution but the eye drops or saline I seen wasn't safe so I didn't buy it
You want regular saline no contact lens stuff- rinse her eye - can you post a pic of it please-- also bulbs can cause eye issues as well - what are you using for a uvb and basking bulb? Brand and bulb for uvb - please no colored or daytime bulbs for basking -

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You want regular saline no contact lens stuff- rinse her eye - can you post a pic of it please-- also bulbs can cause eye issues as well - what are you using for a uvb and basking bulb? Brand and bulb for uvb - please no colored or daytime bulbs for basking -
Flukers 100W basking bulb Arcadia T5 UVB 22 inches (20-22) I will try to snag a pic at some point and post it. She hasn't had any problems with her eyes besides the shedding and the new log/hide i got it's Zoo Med Habba Hut it's natural wood but leaves a mess

Note : Pic is the log and the mess it leaves on my pant leg I'm thinking it's the culprit

Attachments

• 16470245687817136840970929030378.jpg
    16470245687817136840970929030378.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Flukers 100W basking bulb Arcadia T5 UVB 22 inches (20-22) I will try to snag a pic at some point and post it. She hasn't had any problems with her eyes besides the shedding and the new log/hide i got it's Zoo Med Habba Hut it's natural wood but leaves a mess

Note : Pic is the log and the mess it leaves on my pant leg I'm thinking it's the culprit
Yes I agree I would get rid of the hide --- your bulbs are good-- the T 5 is it on top of your screen or inside the tank ? The screen will determine where the UVB needs to be placed- if its a fine screen mesh like a screen door it would need to be inside the tank approx 12-15 inches w/ a piece of basking decor directly underneath - if its a wide hole type of screen it can be on top w/ a piece of basking decor directly underneath it 8-10 inches

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes I agree I would get rid of the hide --- your bulbs are good-- the T 5 is it on top of your screen or inside the tank ? The screen will determine where the UVB needs to be placed- if its a fine screen mesh like a screen door it would need to be inside the tank approx 12-15 inches w/ a piece of basking decor directly underneath - if its a wide hole type of screen it can be on top w/ a piece of basking decor directly underneath it 8-10 inches
My T5 is on the inside suspended by string the mesh top will filter 80% of the UVB so that's why it's inside my Amber has it a bit lower and Chubbs has it a little higher bc she is bigger and the log raises her closer to it. I loved the log and I had the fact that it is bigger and is a bit rougher so they can rub on it in mind due to them shedding but it leaves such a mess. I thought of possibly sanding the inside down or put duct tape on the inside so it wouldn't make a mess but then I would worry the tape would ware down

SPandS

Juvie Member
Petsmart has one that looks pretty realistic but is plastic. I have one like yours in one of my tanks and the plastic one in another tank but like the plastic one better as it's easier to clean.

Edited to add link.
Thrive wood hide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom