Water coming out from dragon's nose.

donovan

Original Poster
Guys, need help! About 2 hours ago I fed my dragon with 2 teaspoons of water, tho almost all of it was spilled and he didn't drink much. I did that because when i returned to the hotel his mouth was wide-open and i thought he was overheated. Then 15 minutes later i noticed bubbles coming from his nostrills. I read that in that case the pet should be put in declining position to help the water drain. But after like 30 minutes the only water that came out was just a couple of droplets from each nostrill. Nothing else came out. I am worried because he is still acting exhausted and hardly bresthing. But his skin and beard are bright, despite 5 or 6 black spikes on the beard. Will he be ok? I am not at the hotel right now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Guys, need help! About 2 hours ago I fed my dragon with 2 teaspoons of water, tho almost all of it was spilled and he didn't drink much. I did that because when i returned to the hotel his mouth was wide-open and i thought he was overheated. Then 15 minutes later i noticed bubbles coming from his nostrills. I read that in that case the pet should be put in declining position to help the water drain. But after like 30 minutes the only water that came out was just a couple of droplets from each nostrill. Nothing else came out. I am worried because he is still acting exhausted and hardly bresthing. But his skin and beard are bright, despite 5 or 6 black spikes on the beard. Will he be ok? I am not at the hotel right now
He's aspirated - please get him at a downward angle so more can drain and get him under his basking light-

donovan

Original Poster
He's aspirated - please get him at a downward angle so more can drain and get him under his basking light-
I don't have his lamp right now, only electrical warmer and a heating pad. It is really hot outside, I thought there is no need for a lamp. And could you please explain what does "aspirated" mean?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom