Wake up time?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
So Hazel had been asleep for almost three months.... In fact, I think I sent a forum about it in September. People say wake them up when they sleep for more than three months is that true? Or should I leave her be? I think she's hit the three months.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i'm not sure because Sir Henry doesn't fall completely asleep. he is just lazy for months and doesn't eat for a couple months. what kind of weight change have you recorded during that 3 month time period?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
i'm not sure because Sir Henry doesn't fall completely asleep. he is just lazy for months and doesn't eat for a couple months. what kind of weight change have you recorded during that 3 month time period?
I've only weighed her once and that was when she came out for a day(I know, horrible beardie parent) and her weight didn't change at that time. I'll weigh her right now.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I just weighed her. She's at 245 G last time I weighed her she was at 243
IMG_20231208_153653565.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Same with Zen.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
You could start transitioning your lights to spring/summer hours and see if she wakes on her own.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Yeah, I was just referring to longer light cycles. More day light hours in the summer, so lights on longer, less in the winter so lights on less hours per day. The light cycle plays a big role (along with temp) in triggering them to brumate or come out of brumation.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yeah, I was just referring to longer light cycles. More day light hours in the summer, so lights on longer, less in the winter so lights on less hours per day. The light cycle plays a big role (along with temp) in triggering them to brumate or come out of brumation.
Okay I will change the time since it runs on a timer so I don't have to go and turn it off every night and turn it on everyday.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Did you reduce the light hours to beginn with? How long are they on?
I wonder about the same thing, Luis is up and out now after ramping heat and light up but still isn't moving much and I'm unsure if I should let him be or try to trigger him some more....

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Did you reduce the light hours to beginn with? How long are they on?
I wonder about the same thing, Luis is up and out now after ramping heat and light up but still isn't moving much and I'm unsure if I should let him be or try to trigger him some more....
I put them on for 12 hours of light and 12 hours of night. I haven't changed or looked at it but it turns on at 6 am and turns off at 6 pm. I used to have them on for 14 hours of light and 10 hours of dark when she was a baby.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
UPDATE:
I adjusted the light and it appeared to work. She came out, however, I give her veggies and she will not touch them. I gave her some Silk worms and she ate those fine. It's kinda strange because she loves her veggies more than her insects. Maybe just stubborn? Idk.
EDIT: also she's moving around a lot. When I took her out and when I put her in she began to glass surf.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom