Very weird change in behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickett

Recently my bearded dragon (about 1 year and 2 months old) has underwent her first brumation (I assume). She hid daily for about 2 weeks and ate every now and then. Now, she is the most active and energetic I have seen her. Always wanting to leave her cage, running around my room, exploring, and then basking all day. As of recently, she has also seemed to have changed her diet. Before the brumation, she would eat about 30 dubia roaches (15 in morning, 15 in afternoon) a day along with greens. She'd have very healthy poop every 2-3 days. Now, she has only been wanting to eat greens. I've offered her crickets and dubias everyday but she has only eaten about 5-10 in the past 3 days, eating greens 2 times a day. Also, her poop hasn't been looking the same having very very small poops - somewhat watery every single day. I'm wondering what to make out of this change? Could there be something wrong with her? Is there anything I should be doing differently? Let me know if there is any extra information you would like about her as well.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Recently my bearded dragon (about 1 year and 2 months old) has underwent her first brumation (I assume). She hid daily for about 2 weeks and ate every now and then. Now, she is the most active and energetic I have seen her. Always wanting to leave her cage, running around my room, exploring, and then basking all day. As of recently, she has also seemed to have changed her diet. Before the brumation, she would eat about 30 dubia roaches (15 in morning, 15 in afternoon) a day along with greens. She'd have very healthy poop every 2-3 days. Now, she has only been wanting to eat greens. I've offered her crickets and dubias everyday but she has only eaten about 5-10 in the past 3 days, eating greens 2 times a day. Also, her poop hasn't been looking the same having very very small poops - somewhat watery every single day. I'm wondering what to make out of this change? Could there be something wrong with her? Is there anything I should be doing differently? Let me know if there is any extra information you would like about her as well.
Adults need insects 2-3 times per week it's great she's eating those veggies that should be her main diet now--- as far as the active behavior-- another normal thing- mine is doing the same this is normal behavior for him this time every year -- he drives me crazy- is she in a good size tank? Mine is in a 4x2x2 and he still does this I am thinking it's hormones

nickett

Original Poster
Well reassuring to hear. Mine is also driving me crazy lol. My tank is 3x2x2 which is a good size for her current size. Do you have recommendations on how much greens a day and how frequent I should be offering the insects?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well reassuring to hear. Mine is also driving me crazy lol. My tank is 3x2x2 which is a good size for her current size. Do you have recommendations on how much greens a day and how frequent I should be offering the insects?
Feed the greens as much as she wants/ eats-- the insects 2-3 times per week-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom